Black boat questions??

sundowner205

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Black boat questions??

My boat is black and white. The bow deck is white, as is a small portion of the lower hull before the water line. We lay out on the deck all the time - the heat is not bad at all. The interior gelcoat including the floor is light grey; doesn't get hot at all.

It is a pain to keep it clean, especially in saltwater, but, when she is clean she gets alot of looks...

here is a photo:

ry%3D400

marquette

Petty Officer 1st Class

the "Black Pearl" is a fairly infamous black boat.

D.spencer

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have seen an all black boat and did not care at all for it-just didn't seem right for some reason IMHO. I like other colors on black tho'. My old lone star is white with black carpeting ( never again on the black carpeting:eek:) and I like to fish sometimes without shoes on and - DAYUM!!! can't hardly stand to be barefooted on it- way too hot! it was either sit down or put shoes back on. Like mentioned allready, black does tend to show imperfections in the surface more than other colors too.

reelfishin

Captain

The Gambler I had was the same way, forget being barefoot, if the carpet didn't get you, something else would. There were areas of unpadded gel coat that you could put your arm on or lean on while fishing that would literally give you burns after a few hours in the hot sun.
Never again would I even look at a black boat.