how & where to catch fish in Lake Mead

turborich

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Now that I have my first boat I want to start fishing. I do not know very much about where in the lake to try fishing or exactly what bait to use. I will be fishing on lake Mead near Las Vegas. Any suggestions or tips would be great. I don't want to eat them, just catch & release. If my friend goes with me then he may take a couple home with him.

Thanks, Rich

NO WHINERS

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: how & where to catch fish in Lake Mead

Hey Rich..I live in Calif and get to Lake Mead once a month..I usually launch at Lake Mead marina and fish from there up to Government wash and hole 33 area..You should stop at Laker plaza on the way to the lake and ask them what to use and where...The lake will be changing up some with winter on the way..Trout will be planted soon and you can fish for them and also for larger stripped bass thet will be feeding on the trout...Jim

turborich

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thank you for the information. I have heard about "hole 33" Just not sure where it is. I will stop at the laker Plaza as you said & get some info their as well. I really want to catch some fish:)

Thank you, Rich

Starcraftguy1

Petty Officer 1st Class

between the marina and hole 33 there is a spot that I like.The depth is around 45 feet but casting to shore with pearl colored storm swim baits works well.Try them they are cheap and if you get into them you can pull out a ton.Stripers and white bass.

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey buddy,

That is a nice tri-hull, I also have a tri-hull, not only that but I just so happen to live in Vegas, I like to fish near Kingman Wash and I use anchovies for bait, does real well, and I also know the folks at Laker Plaza where I just so happen to store my boat.

Well Rich, I am Ryan and Ill be seaing u out there.