new to boating and look what i did.

ingiro

Recruit
Hi all,

i was just given a 1993 princecraft superpro 176 sportbok with a 120hp v4 2 stroke johnson. i know nothing about boats except that they float... but i am pretty handy and i wanted to share what i have done with this community. from what i see it looks like there is alot of good information here.

anyways, im looking for ideas on completing the interior and any great places to purchase the stuff i need to complete this little project. I live in Toronto Canada, but i do not have a truck yet that can pull this thing so it will be a solo project for me to work on and anything i do will have to be done at home.

What i have done so far... completly ripped out everything
all the wires and switches. the carpet was removed because it was so nasty and only to find out the wood underneath was squishy so i ripped it out as well. the dash board was in horrible condition so i remove the windows and remove the dash along with the glove box and the radio and speakers. basically its a huge bath tub right now.

i want to start with the flooring of course Marine Grade ply with some type of non slip vinyl flooring and re-carpet the sides (cubby holes) and have new panels vinyled and the seats revinyled.

in terms of wiring i was planning on using a wiring harness premade by a company called easy ac dc. i spoke to the guy there and he seems to know what hes talking about (but like i said i dont know much about boats) wiring seems pretty basic. nav lights, interior lights, horn, bildge pump, live well pump, radio and speakers. what im having a hard time with is wiring for the gauges and the wiring that comes from the motor to the start switch i did take pictures of it but lost them and now everything is appart (insert help here)

anyways take a look and tell me what you think. the boat will not be for sale as it was a gift from a close family friend.

thanks in advance for your time and let me know if anyone has any ideas on what i should do...

ciao

Louis.

Attachments

• IMG00061.jpg
    IMG00061.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00067.jpg
    IMG00067.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 0

Stoutcat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: new to boating and look what i did.

Hi Louis,

Welcome to iboats...

First question... Is the foam dry?

Next question... Have you checked the stern for rot?

Alan

ingiro

Recruit

Hi alan,

Thanks for the welcome...

the foam is dry just the wood on top was wet and the stern is not rotted... everything seems sound in terms of structure. the gas tank seems to be good as well as the hoses but i contemplating on replacing them anyways...i figured since im there why not... but i also have the mentality of if it aint broke leave it the f *#^ alone.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

do the fuel lines, you want regret it.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hi.....wecome to i boats :)

this place is boat university.....

as far as the wireing....the electrical forums will get any problems solved.....follow the tech advice to a "t"....you be there eyes and hands....and it will work....there is also a lot of basic wiring schematics there...

as far as the deck and the hull......

im not intirely convinced your stringers, foam and transom is solid......search core sample.....take a few samples and know for sure.

also ....read the compleated projects forum.....it will give you great insight as to what needs to be done to your boat to get it going for the season.

cheers
oops

ingiro

Recruit

Thanks all for the info. ill check on the wiring and also the core sample... but like i said it all seems solid... but an ounce of prevention i guess.... oh yeah i forgot to mention i do have the manual for the motor i havent looked at it yet.

sbklf

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hi.....wecome to i boats :)im not intirely convinced your stringers, foam and transom is solid......search core sample.....take a few samples and know for sure.

Looks like an alum boat with alum stringers.

If you replace the fuel line be sure to use line approved for marine use.

jonesg

Admiral

My transom "sounded" solid , but when I drilled a 1/2 inch hole for the outboard it was all wet mush, rotted out.
It would be a whole lot simpler to catch it now if its gone.

Either way, its not a lot of work, its a lotta fun.