Bungee Storage

WaterWitch2

Chief Petty Officer
Since all boaters have lots Bungees, how do you guys store your Bungee collection to avoid a tangled mess?

mthieme

Captain
Re: Bungee Storage

I store mine in 50 cal. ammo cans.
Tangling is still an issue. It comes with the territory.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I've seen 'em stretched and hooked on to PVC pipe that's fixed to a wall.

Neat idea - but I just cram mine in a big clear plastic jar.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Some people store theirs on the roadways,,,,,,I know,,,,I have seen many of them :D I hate finding them with the hook in me tire :D

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

Bundle them up with a bungee and then store them. Usually the problem of them getting tangled is that they are able to move around loose together.
I only keep a couple in the boat, but I do keep quite a few stored for off-roading and this works for me.

cdnfthree2

Chief Petty Officer

Across work benches, stuffed in truck doors, from screw head to screw head under the center console, on the chain link fence, and anywhere else. I'm a;ways looking for a good bungee.

wajajaja02

Senior Chief Petty Officer

a length of perforated right angle on the horizontally mounted on the garage wall

Shizzy

Ensign

I keep 4 in my truck, I just hook them on the cargo hooks in the back by the tailgate.

arks

Lieutenant Commander

I slightly stretch them between 2 pairs of screws that are inside a long base cabinet on my boat. They are readily available and never tangled. Works great.

fishrdan

Admiral

2 eye hooks in the garage wall, stretch bungee between them, hang all other bungees off the stretched bungee. Works for me :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I don't use them on my boat as there is no need for them. I mostly use those ratchet type straps. In Ohio a load secured with bungees is not acceptable,,,probably why I see so many laying on the roads (mostly broken).

My boss uses them a lot. He has a big plastic tote that he puts them in. To keep the from being tangled, he connects the hooks with a piece of rubber tubbing. He slides the hook from end on to the tubbing and places the other hook into the opposite end of the bungee. He says this keeps the hooks from grabbing the others and prevents tangles. At least that is what he explained to me.

ziggy

Admiral

i store them attached to my boat cover on one end, the trailer on the other.... when i'm out boating, i store them on the water valve outside the house (i don't tow w/ the cover on), right next to where the boat resides at. short ones get one end hooked right to the valve handle (one or two per hole), long ones get draped over the pipe coming out of the house... they don't tangle. the few spares that i have are on a nail (these do tangle but are only spares) inside my alledged garage, (for a model t) used more like a large storage shed for lawn mowers and boat parts and a few spare bungees......