looking to buy a used 1995 seadoo spx

wayne h

Master Chief Petty Officer
local guy has one for sale he said ran last year he wants 300 for it and the trailer and extra parts . its not running battery is dead said he stopped using it when he got a boat .. motor looks clean hull is alittle faded and seat needs recovered. these things are not a big deal . i know he is not asking alot for it but since i cant really start it to check it out with a bead battery is there anything off hand i can look for before i buy it ? i figure for that price if it is junk i can still part it out and make my money back .. any help will help thanks .. also how is the reputation of these skis THANKS

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: looking to buy a used 1995 seadoo spx

charge the battery, or jump it off. get compression #'s and spark. personally i do not like seadoos, yammy's are better.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

like you said 300 is nothing and the trailer is worth 200+ by itself,, I would bring a jump box and see if the engine is locked up or the pump is locked up from sitting,, and the compression check is a good idea,, common issues with those is leaks in the exhaust pipe Welsh plugs,, motor mount failures,, pto and drive shaft splines stripping,, ski is fine with one person but will tip over constantly if you have a passenger and re boarding it in deep water is a chore. 2 people getting back on it is frustrating if you don't know the trick.
you will definitely have to rebuild the carbs and clean the entire fuel system before trying to use it after sitting for a year. but for 300 with a trailer and a title I would buy it for 300 bucks in a heart beat.

wayne h

will be heading over there tonight i dont know how much i can play with it there as far as compression but i will bring my jump box and see if the motor is free .. he did tell me he has a whole other engine and drive for parts .. if it turns over i will buy it . for that price i cant see how i can go wrong even if i have to part it out .. thanks and i will post pics later tonight and let you know how it goes ..

wayne h

ok i got it home .. it spun over on the booster but the battery is DEAD i didnt go nuts spining it over just a full revolution .. i got it home and lubed the cylinders a little because its been setting .. ran a compression test and i got 128 and 132 on the cylinders .. he did tell me he put on a race head a few years ago and broke off some bolts doing so . he drilled and replaced them . but in all the parts i got 3 heads 3 jugs like new . a complete engine that locked up he said its the lower end thats bad but still full of good parts, another drive and pumps and other ski parts .. he also said the he blocked off the oil injector and mixes his own fuel . is that an issue ? i head alot of people doing this . he said the pump was working when he did this he just didnt trust it ..

here are some quick pics i took of it

1fd12b146ZZZZZZZZZ89re66ae54e46a018.jpg

11013914cZZZZZZZZZ89r80398899d66a1d.jpg

Gobeaty505

Banned
It was dinnertime

It was dinnertime

bump up ..  Reuben respectfully touched his worn cap and walked out into the sunlight with the bay rippling in a freshening wind. There was purpose in his loping stride5. He would raise the five dollars and not tell anybody.  Hearing the sound of hammering from a side street, Reuben had an idea.  He ran towards the sound and stopped at a construction site. People built their own homes in Bay Roberts, using nails purchased in Hessian sacks from a local factory. Sometimes the sacks were discarded in the flurry of building, and Reuben knew he could sell them back to the factory for five cents a piece.  That day he found two sacks, which he took to the rambling wooden factory and sold to the man in charge of packing nails.  The boy's hand tightly clutched the five-cent pieces as he ran the two kilometers home.  Near his house stood the ancient barn that housed the family's goats and chickens. Reuben found a rusty soda tin and dropped his coins inside. Then he climbed into the loft of the barn and hid the tin beneath a pile of sweet smelling hay.  It was dinnertime when Reuben got home. His father sat at the big kitchen table, working on a fishing net. Dora was at the kitchen stove, ready to serve dinner as Reuben took his place at the table.  He looked at his mother and smiled. Sunlight from the window gilded her shoulder-length blonde hair. Slim and beautiful, she was the center of the home, the glue that held it together.Thsale is a professional, loyal and reliable wow gold supplier online, we pioneered selling cheap wow gold. Welcome to thsale buy world of warcraft gold Buy Cheap WoW Gold,our wow gold site: WoW Gold buy WoW Gold, buy wow power leveling,cheap wow power leveling World of Warcraft Gold, Please look here! We are a Great MMORPG company. wow money and wow items,which is very cheap WOW Gold!All US Server 24.99$/1000G on sell! Cheap wow gold,WOTLK Power Leveling ,wow power leveling,Buy Cheapest/Safe/Fast WoW US EU Gold Power leveling