29' Carter Safari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico2112

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 29' Carter Safari

Although your project is ambitious and challenging, you guys are doing a great job.

Kudos:)

gypsysoul

Petty Officer 2nd Class

glad to see progress again, congrats on the car. Took a peak at it. You are now a member of my club the "If it's free, it's for me" club. I will take anything that is free (except maybe a bath! lol) I like the way the engine compartment came out. very pro looking job, you guys should be proud. keep up the good work.

legoman67

Chief Petty Officer

pulled the tarp off and did a full boat clean today! Also install the floor support in the rear because we are going to paint it in when we do the bilge
P1100014.JPG

P1100018.JPG

P1100019.JPG

P1100022.JPG

P1100020.JPG

Last edited:

69starcraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice work so far!

I've been following this thread with great interest! Love the boat, especially the upper bridge and the Cabin.
If I had the $$ and space I would love to have a boat with a big cabin

Whats up with the cat?
Does it have a name? It seems to like being photographed and working on old boats and BMWS :D

BigJ08

Petty Officer 1st Class

Lovin this thread. Always cool to see young people like myself doing a project like this. That boat looks like it could be a sweeeeeet fishing/diving rig. Keep up the good work.

legoman67

Chief Petty Officer

yup, with a little cut polish and some wax it should shine right up, but that will wait until end of june... hoping to get the bilge painted this week, then the engines could go in as early as next saturday.

the cats name is Howie, he likes to check out what we are up to. Also the tarp has been on the boat since Ocotober, so its like a new thing to him....

legoman67

Chief Petty Officer

T holes cut! Transom looks amazing and bonded very well. I also started tinkering with some of the mess of wires...

planning to start bilge painting on wed, then hopefully be lowering the engines in at the end of this month(not this upcomming saturday, but the following)

P1120003.JPG

P1120005.JPG

P1120007.JPG

all too familiar picture.....

P1120010.JPG

Last edited:

legoman67

Chief Petty Officer

2 coats of bilge paint now on. using Interprotect 2000E

P1120013.JPG

Last edited:

jonesg

Admiral

I see a major problem you overlooked.!

this is going to be a major chick magnet,
or maybe thats the idea?:p

deerslayer303

Petty Officer 2nd Class

WOW Guys,

I just spent the better part of 2 hours reading this entire thread, I am VERY IMPRESSED with the dedication and quality of your work, keep it up that boat is going to be amazing, I am just now in the beginning stages of tearing down shady grady (my boat) and I'm addicted to working on the thing. Keep it up guys, and keep the pics coming.

Oh yeah, what is this OPPS Peanut Butter, can you point me to a thread or something??

legoman67

Chief Petty Officer

thanks guys,

yeah, we are aware of the chick magnet issue, unfortunatly there isnt a whole lot we can do..

yes it is an addiction, we have spent way to much $$$ on this thing... at least we can see the light now... Once the engines go in it will feel like everything is moving quickly.

peanut butter:
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=234392

basically a mix of resin, glass bubbles(econofill), and chopped up mat cloth untill it comes to the consistancy of peanut butter, its a good filler that supports its weight and is stronger then resin alone...

legoman67

Chief Petty Officer

got the transom sheilds preped and primered today. Hopefully they will get there first coat of paint tomorrow. going with the new volvo metallic grey. also planning to finally run the second engine tomorrow aswell, so maybe a video... also in between all that afew coats of bilge paint...

shooting for the engines going in June 6th, Excavator is already lined up for the job:D then it will be all in to get it done on our deadline...

legoman67

Chief Petty Officer

lots of things done today, engine is all built up to run, but we are having a spark plug issue(no spark, see merc section) got the paints and did all the painting today(4 coats on each, it probably hit 30 degrees C* today, so things were drying quick) aside for the manifold touchups, and we bolted the steering ram back into the boat...
P1120017.JPG

P1120016.JPG

P1120018.JPG

Last edited:

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

need a job in Florida. you guys are amazing.

APPALOOSA2

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great job guys. Keep going your not that far away now......

legoman67

Chief Petty Officer

second engine problem solved, both engines now run great on the ground

coastalcruiser

Chief Petty Officer

Hey! if you guys wanna use my alignment bar let me know.
I have a torque wrench too :) good progress on the boat.
You have nice cruiser there, when you do a cruise over to Nanaimo we should raft up and have a bbq. Think of the places you can go! Hopefully this nice weather lasts, Going to do a solo trip to Lasqueti Island on Tues :D

Status
Not open for further replies.