what do you guys think, is this boat worth restoring or sell it?

socalbass

Recruit
this boat was my brothers and it was cherry before he got a hold of it just thought i would see what you guys think

23upyj8.jpg

24lmsth.jpg

10nbwiu.jpg

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: what do you guys think, is this boat worth restoring or sell it?

if you love the boat ...and want a big project....then yes....allmost any boat is......if you want to fix it to sell it........no.....if you think you can just get away with slapping some paint to it....there is more to it than that.....

that is a long term re-fit.......but a beauteful boat.....if you love it....do it.....if you just wanna go fishing or boating.......pick another

i386

Captain

Only worth it if it's worth it to you.

You won't make a profit fixing it then selling it.

You won't save money by fixing it up.

You will spend a lot of time and spend 2 to 3 times your first estimate to complete the project.

If you want a boat, go buy one. If you want to fix one up, and someday use it, then fix it (if you have the time and money).

Stoutcat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My gut instinct is to walk away... But you might want to check with the folks at fiberglassics.com (they also talk about wooden boats) and theclassicboathouse.com

You never know...

Alan

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

if you love the boat ...and want a big project....then yes....allmost any boat is......if you want to fix it to sell it........no.....if you think you can just get away with slapping some paint to it....there is more to it than that.....

that is a long term re-fit.......but a beauteful boat.....if you love it....do it.....if you just wanna go fishing or boating.......pick another

Agree completely with oops. However I'm a sucker for wooden boats and that would look really nice when restored.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

That is (was) one gorgeous boat. Classic lines.

BUT.... That boat is also the proverbial money pit. It will suck hundreds of hours out of your life and thousands of dollars from your wallet.

So, how badly do you want it?

BigB9000

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I like it, but this isnt really "just a boat" its more of a collectors item. as in, you rarley use it, you are very careful, and get asked about it at every gas station.

not something you use to go look for chicks on the beach then take them wake-boarding

here is on on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0256607129&category0=&fvi=1&item=190256607129

socalbass

Recruit

I like it, but this isnt really "just a boat" its more of a collectors item. as in, you rarley use it, you are very careful, and get asked about it at every gas station.

not something you use to go look for chicks on the beach then take them wake-boarding

here is on on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0256607129&category0=&fvi=1&item=190256607129

believe it or not this boat looked just like that one on eBay when we got it.
i was just a kid then.my dad got it in a trade for some work on a mans roof. the boat was garaged when he got it. my brother was the one who talked him into trading for it. when we got it my brother took it and put in in his garage where it sat for like five years before he took it out. they took it out for one season then his wife decided she didnt want in her garage any more. and it went down hill after that. they went and seen it at our yard a couple months ago cause i listed in craigslist to try and sell it to somebody who would bring her back to life. the women actually got mad at us for the condition it was in. i guess that's what happens when you get married.
well thanks for the info you guys gave me. i think i will try listing it again.
i really do want to see it the way it was.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

mannn.....did you see the listing on e ??????

3700 and look at the work in that baby........wow....the hard ware alone is worth that....did you see the nav light?

drool drool........ya know..... i drive thru chillowack all the time.........i culd whip in for a look.......:D

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Buy the one on ebay right now at the "Buy it now" price. You will easily spend more than $3700 trying to restore your brother neglected boat and rusting trailer.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

a lot of love, sweat, and tears, plus talent went into the ebay boat. well worth the buy it now price.