Tattoo ideas??

zach103

Commander
I want another tattoo but can't come up with one that would have meaning.. right now i have my family crest with a cross in a rose inside of it and SCHEER underneath. it means alot not only cuz its the crest but because my grandmas name is rose scheer.

i was thinking about a sun to represent the other side of the family..

any ideas??

only thing is that it cant be out in the open. like forearms or lower legs.

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Tattoo ideas??

how about the iboats logo lmao

How about a number and date ,That way years from now after the obsession has taken its course you can look and see in order which one came first,second third etc etc. That would be super cool!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Not a great fan of the body art. I would go with a flesh colored ink on a skin colored background.

Tatoos are ok as long as people with them never offend others by showing them in public.(Im not talking about a couple on the arm) And as long as they dont fill descriminated upon when they cant find a job because the company doesnt hire them. Other than that they are great!

zach103

Commander

mine now is on my back.. my dad will kill me and my brother if we got one where the boss can see. he likes the idea of a professional look and i agree 100% with him.. i never show my tattoo unless im asked. my teacher asked to see it one time in class. but i hate showing it off because thats not why i have it.. i want tattoos that have meaning now just to look tough

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

You should get my name tattoed under a smiley face. Do it all in lime green.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I know your still young with many life situations ahead of you. As you get older you will find those situations will add ideas to add to your collection. Examples like, military, children, hobbies, events, etc.

Its impressive when you come across someone who is retired and can show you a story of their life in their art as they aged. Personally I do not have any for my own reasons. If I was to get one, it would probably be an anchor to symbolize my time in the Navy as well as the love for boats that I have. Good Luck and don't be in a hurry to fill up your canvas with art. Your body is a canvas that cannot be erased.............SS

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

I do have a suggestion, but you probably won't like it - don't.

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

A tattoo with a meaning is crucial, that way it's very hard to regret it later on. More and more people are getting them, accepting of them and more companies are understanding of them. For me I have 3 and each one means something and after the second one I started a theme. My right arm represents my creative thoughts and is all colour (right side of the brain) and my left arm is the black and white (well, skin coloured) more logical and inspirational stuff (left side of the brain).

The one on my right arm is about my love of motorcycles. I build and design them when life permits. Thinking something to do with boats is needed because of the rebuild and customization of the boat I have now. I'm also going to register with medicare because I am diabetic and don't see a cure coming soon so will be diabetic probably for the rest of my life. I also hate wearing jewelry so I'm going to get the medic alert symbol, my reg. number and the word diabetic done on the top of my right hand.

On the left side, above my elbow is the words "carpe diem"... seize the day. It's something I can look at every day to motivate me and remind me why I wake up and give every day everything I have, even when I'm feeling down. The third one above my left wrist (can be covered by long sleeves) is a symbol an inspirational bike builder used (?). When he died doing a stunt they added wings to that symbol. Why does it mean so much to me? Because he was very humble, always gave everyone in his life a moment of his without question and was always there for everyone around him, stranger or not. It's a philosophy I live my life based on and having that inked into my skin keeps me in check if I ever have thoughts of doing otherwise. The next one for my left arm is going to be the quote "Impossible is a word to only be found in the dictionary of fools". Nothing is impossible. There isn't anything that can't be done without enough effort. I think oops! has more then proven that to us on this forum.

Anyways, all I'm trying to say is that if you're going to get ink, make it important... if it is important enough to you, make it visible. The whole perception of not being able to be "professional" because you have ink is slowly dying, but it for sure is still is there. Also, if you're at a loss for an idea for another tattoo... you aren't ready for another tattoo. If you can't think of something else to get, you don't need another one, plain and simple.

Uraijit

Banned

Something tells me that if you're asking for suggestions of what tattoo to get, that you'd probably just better wait.

When you are ready for another tattoo that actually holds some meaning to you, you won't have to ask for ideas.

If you get a tattoo of someone else's idea, you're going to regret it.

zach103

Commander

i forgot to mention that i wanted something nautical. sorry lol. long day. i want something that can show my love for boating and the ocean. i dont want to take someone elses tattoos but use theirs for an idea. i was thinking an anchor to prove that i will never drift away from my love for the ocean and boats. i dont want anything huge and im not a tattoo junkie. i only want three. the one i have now.. this one and than my kids names when im older

Hoss the Hermit

Chief Petty Officer

Tatoos are ok as long as people with them never offend others by showing them in public.(Im not talking about a couple on the arm) And as long as they dont fill descriminated upon when they cant find a job because the company doesnt hire them. Other than that they are great!

The big difference between people with tattoos and people without tattoos, people with tattoos don't get offended by other people showing off their undecorated skin in public. Why is it that "a couple on the arm" is OK (in your opinion), but 3, (or is it 4 ?) somewhere else is offensive?

Hoss the Hermit

Chief Petty Officer

I want another tattoo but can't come up with one that would have meaning.. right now i have my family crest with a cross in a rose inside of it and SCHEER underneath. it means alot not only cuz its the crest but because my grandmas name is rose scheer.

i was thinking about a sun to represent the other side of the family..

any ideas??

only thing is that it cant be out in the open. like forearms or lower legs.

I must say, based on experience, if you have to ask for suggestions, you should wait.

Shizzy

Ensign

The third one above my left wrist (can be covered by long sleeves) is a symbol an inspirational bike builder used (?). When he died doing a stunt they added wings to that symbol. Why does it mean so much to me? Because he was very humble, always gave everyone in his life a moment of his without question and was always there for everyone around him, stranger or not. It's a philosophy I live my life based on and having that inked into my skin keeps me in check if I ever have thoughts of doing otherwise.
Anyways, all I'm trying to say is that if you're going to get ink, make it important... if it is important enough to you, make it visible. The whole perception of not being able to be "professional" because you have ink is slowly dying, but it for sure is still is there. Also, if you're at a loss for an idea for another tattoo... you aren't ready for another tattoo. If you can't think of something else to get, you don't need another one, plain and simple.

you might dig my forarms then. I got them done for the same reason you did.

larry.jpg

and I do agree, if you have to ask, it isnt the right time. not all of mine have meaning, but all "spoke to me" in one way. I have had 100's of "ideas" from people, but all were not me.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Please don't get one like a kid in town here has. On the inside of his upper bicep on his right arm says "DON'T and on the left side is "SHOOT". So when he throws his arms over his head, it says "DON"T SHOOT"! He has been in trouble with the law so much, he thought this might protect him in the long run :D.

zach103

Commander

haha no like i said ive decided to go with an anchor or something of that nature.. i thought about it before i got this and really liked the idea. i was gunna do that one for 2 months till i decided on this one for my grandpa. so im back to the idea of the anchor.. i think i want an anchor cuz it can mean so many different things. like never drifting from family. my love for boats, theres more.

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

you might dig my forarms then. I got them done for the same reason you did.

larry.jpg

and I do agree, if you have to ask, it isnt the right time. not all of mine have meaning, but all "spoke to me" in one way. I have had 100's of "ideas" from people, but all were not me.

Very nice work there and no better man in my opinion to honor. I can't afford large pieces so I got a smaller one with the wings.

tat3.jpg

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I always wanted to be able to ride like he did. Its a shame he didn't live longer.

zach103

Commander

i might get disowned by you guys after this one but im young.. who is it?