Suzuki DT25

MattBon

Cadet
I have a 1995 Suzuki DT25, 3 clyender 3 carburator 25 hp 2 stroke motor. It has an electronic throttle valve sensor which needs to be reset often. Once the throttle valve sensor is set it runs fine then after a while the motor starts slowing down and the throttle valve sensor needs to be reset. Does anyone know why this is happening. The mechanic at the local Suzuki dealer says that should not be happening and told me to check my fuel. I have new tank and new fuel same problem.
Help??

James R

Commander
Re: Suzuki DT25

It could be several things but probably nothing to do with the throttle position sensor.
Your mechanic is probably correct. When were the fuel pump and carburetors last serviced? Do you have a partial blockage in the fuel system. Could be at the tank end. Is there an air leak in the fuel system. Is the motor overheating. Is the oiling system working correctly. Does it need new plugs. Do you have a good manual for this motor.
Hope this helps you.

MattBon

Cadet

My mechanic just installed new rings, cleaned the carburators and did some exahust work that is suppose to enhance performance. I installed a new fuel line and fuel tank with new fuel.
Ran it again this afternoon. It seems to be running well. I think it's slow and not reaching full RPM. it's running 25 mph on the gps and when it was new was running 31 mph on the gps. it's mounted on an Allweld 1548 semi v hull.
Thanks for all your answers.

MattBon

Cadet

Yes the mechanic is adjusting the screw on the side. He has certs for 1995 & 1996 Suzuki DT25.
thanks for your help

greenhead1984

Seaman Apprentice

Has he pulled a compression since the new rings were installed? Does he reset the screw on the side every time or just keep turning it? Has he hooked the throttle position sensor up to a meter to see if it's getting the right numbers?

MattBon

Cadet

I did a compression test and came up with 125lb each. I ran it some on the trailer since I don't have a test tank here at home. It seems to have low end torque and starts and runs well. It's on a 15' semi v bottom boat and used to run 31mph on the gps. Now is running 25mph and feels like the rpms are slow. I haven't put a tack on it yet. My mechanic had it for 6 weeks and I've ran 1 tank of fuel since getting it back. The mechanic says he's testing the throttle sensor with a tester for that purpose.

MattBon

Cadet

In Louisiana,
I talked with a person at the boat launch who had a suzuki similar to mine. He suggested changing the ingintion coils. I just received a manual but have not checked the coils yet.

MattBon

Cadet

Motor finally got so bad it would not run at all. Found that the choke linkage was sticking and keeping the engine choked or partially choked while trying to run.
Everyone who said it wasn't the throttle sensor " YOU WERE RIGHT"
THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S IMPUT.