I think I am addicted to Bayliners, is there help?

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: I think I am addicted to Bayliners, is there help?

the only way to cure b-liner addiction is to epoxy one hand to a keg of beer and the other to a grinder.

7 inch flapper with 26 grit. :eek: :D

im gonna be ripping into mine soon ....89 capri 19 footer 140 hp 4 banger w/alpha 1 gen 2

i love the lines....they really had style....its just.....well.....they wear out fast.

actually im incorporating some of the design features of the b-liner into the sea ray im building.

but i gotta tell ya.....that ray rides like a dream

Bigprairie1

Commander

Maybe its been luck, or maybe I've done my homework but I've had two (getting a thrid) and never had the water problems so many seem to have. Don't get me wrong, I have seen a ton of them that are rotted out.

Hmm, outboard? What's that? :D Seriously, I have not owned an outboard for 25 years or so and see no reason to change that. I'm a sterndrive kind a guy.

..I'm somewhat in the same boat Bubba (pardon the pun:D). Every time I'm out on my ol' '90 Capri I find myself checking its floors, etc out and its all dry and good...no 'typical' problems. The constant bombardment on the 'all bayliners are bad' thing has me a little self conscious I guess. However, at least this boat (and I guess your three boats) were taken care of and stored properly and I'm trying to continue the trend. So lets see....thats (4) Bayliners so far that are evading the trend. LOL
Anyways its a good little boat, looks good and has given us (2) summers worth of trouble free lake boating.
However as I said before.....if you continue with the Bayliner obsession you're probably going to up on Dr Phil (who happens to be a Glastron owner).:D:D
BP:):cool:

MikDee

Banned

So waddaya think of this Bubba? My 89'- 19' Bayliner Capri Ski model, 125hp Force motor, made just like a Bayliner Cobra (without the blue metalflake finish) notice the orig. equip. built in ski-bar. I finally got the bride to take some Pix on the water last week at dusk on a test ride, low slung ain't it? But very stable, because it's less of a Vee with more strakes then the regular Capri. Bare hull weight is exactly the same as the Cobra as well 1500lbs. She only does 40mph with the tired old Force :rolleyes: But, is up on plane in a Flash, even without a hydrofoil ;) In fact she's easy to get totally airborne at speed, in a slight chop, Wish I had a 150hp motor to put on her, that's what the USCG plate said she'd hold :cool:

Attachments

• Boating pics 032.jpg small.jpg
    Boating pics 032.jpg small.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Boating pics 028.jpg small.jpg
    Boating pics 028.jpg small.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 0

MikDee

Banned

No comments? :confused:

jkust

Rear Admiral

I always thought the 80's Bay's were ahead of their time looks wise. The helm on the 84 with its round gauges was particularly modern if you compare to a same year similar brand. I like the crisp lines and light weight to power ratio too. We still have our 84 Capri 16 foot with 85 HP engine my folks bought new way back when I was very young. My dad was and is a stickler about keeping the sun off it when on the lift and of course a pair of shoes has never touched the interior. The interior is as pristine as any original interior probably anywhere in the world. My ADD sister on the other hand has scraped the dock a few times even into her 30's. When I take it out on their lake I still get comments on how nice it is. One of the games I would play in my younger days was to try to get totally air borne on a windy day with a friend in the bow jumping up at the right time. At 1000 pounds with an 85 hp engine it is a rocket up to 45mph. I have just as much fun and maybe more in that old thing as my new boat. The Force engine has been flawless with 3 dollars in maintenance for new plugs in all these years but really sucks gas. The boat is so old is is now a classic.

Bigprairie1

Commander

...far from it Mike, thats a great looking boat. I've only ever seen one other in the 'ski' version of the capri. I never thought that was an '89-er. The standard capris from that year look completely different...definitely a bit more square and no wrap around windshield like yours, etc. That looks a lot like a mid 90's capri and thats what I would have mistaken it for.:D
Nice boat, I'd keep her.
BP:cool:

hemidoc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

did not realize that people still use windows 3.11 and boot from floppy disks instead of having a hard drive. Thats like 8 track players and use of telephone lines to access the internet.
No offense intended
Well it's not quite that drastic. It's just my wife took sook some some pics of me with her camera and I chucked em onto photobucket and direcy linked them here and it clipped a bit of the right side so some folks had to pan over to see the whole text.
No worries I'll just have my wife take lower res pics(maybe something below 5MP)

Back to this guys problem...

If you like a certain kind or brand of boat that is your biz. If Joe *****hat doesn't like your choice of boat based on some some prejudice f-them
If you don't like a boat don't buy one. However your prejudice should not detract others from enjoying thier choice of watercraft.
Now who wants to get pulled behind my "underpowered B-liner' she only hits 54 mph with three of us in her EDIT and planes instantly

hemidoc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

That is so cool cause you don't see those very often. That is a cool looking boat
Now if we could all get together in an endangered species run..
My 85 Capri 18.5 305ci OMC Bowrider and the other endangered B-liners

MikDee

Banned

...far from it Mike, thats a great looking boat. I've only ever seen one other in the 'ski' version of the capri. I never thought that was an '89-er. The standard capris from that year look completely different...definitely a bit more square and no wrap around windshield like yours, etc. That looks a lot like a mid 90's capri and thats what I would have mistaken it for.:D
Nice boat, I'd keep her.
BP:cool:

Thanks BP, I guess it does look like the newer models abit ;) I know what the standard 89'- 19' Bayliner Capri's look like, I picked one up, & towed it down to North Carolina last year for my stepson, and that sucker was heavier, but deeper, his back, to back, style seats are more comfy then my low built in seats, & wrap around rear lounge seats (you don't have to squat in it like my boat :rolleyes:) and there is storage galore in his, but it doesn't plane off as easy as mine. You, & I, both know about that boat, and he's gotten to use his more then me this year. Also, the ski-bar is cool, but gets in the way with anything I need to do to the motor, including squeezing the fuel bulb :rolleyes: But, I still like mine better :cool: