both turn signals come on

jeff6898

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Trailer Lights were working like they should. Tonight when I put on the blinker both sides blink. Brake lights work fine.

D

DJ

Re: both turn signals come on

You've got a short between the yellow and green wires-somewhere.

rjezuit

Chief Petty Officer

I disagree. This is a common problem with a bad ground. Check all ground wires/conections to be sure they are good. Rick

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I agree with both of you. It could be either. Make sure of good grounding then check yellow and green if there is still an issue.

matt9923

Chief Petty Officer

Trailers are fun. i had a short in mine and i would turn on the right blinker and bam all the lights would blink. Its either a short or a ground problem easy fix, if all else fails go to walmart and buy a wiering kit for 30 and some new lights everything together is like 50$ or so for all new lights. Also unplug the lights befor you back into the water if not they will pop.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Trailers are fun. i had a short in mine and i would turn on the right blinker and bam all the lights would blink. Its either a short or a ground problem easy fix, if all else fails go to walmart and buy a wiering kit for 30 and some new lights everything together is like 50$ or so for all new lights. Also unplug the lights befor you back into the water if not they will pop.

Many will disagree with unplugging the lights when going into the water, however I unplug every time.

matt9923

Chief Petty Officer

ya they might im just trying to help. But i get the walmart/napa bulbs and if you back into water with them pop. So i unplug and they work fine. The marine shop was trying to sell me 40$ a light for some fancy Marin light BS ill just unplug.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

ya they might im just trying to help. But i get the walmart/napa bulbs and if you back into water with them pop. So i unplug and they work fine. The marine shop was trying to sell me 40$ a light for some fancy Marin light BS ill just unplug.

Economic sense in my opinion. Dont know if mine would pop as they have never had the chance.