Petty Officer 3rd Class
I promised some better pics do here they are

HPIM0317.jpg

HPIM0319.jpg

HPIM0318.jpg

F14CRAZY

Ensign
Re: 85 Bliner project

That all looks pretty sharp :cool: . and a lot like mine, just I'm without the seats in the front and the V8

hemidoc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The reall expensive parts were the manifolds, new seats, tilt motor, module to convert from points to electronic igition.

Thanks to all here for the info to "git er done"

pattimac

Cadet

Excellent Information. I am currently removing some of the floor of my 91 open bow. Do you have pictures of how the flooring attaches to the hull behind the main seats and in front of the rear seats, at the outer right and/or left sides? As I cut the floor out, I discovered that although their was a little water under the foam on the outer sides of the two main stringers, all else was fine. But since I've gone this far, I might as well do it all. BUT, I am worried about cutting at the outer edges of the floor since I don't know how it was originally glued or glassed or whatever...to the hull?

The bottom line is, did you miter the edge to the hull angle and then simply glue it at the edge, or what? My original plan was to leave about 6 inches at the outer edges and then 45 degree the edge and do the same to the new plywood, but if the old flooring can come out simply, it would actually be easier to replace the entire width?

In my 91, there is one 1/2 inch piece of plywood over the gastank , stopping at the outer edge of the main stringers and then the main flooring, also 1/2 inch, goes over that and extends from hullside to hullside.

I do much better with pictures, so if you have any interim pictures that you didn't post originally, I would appreciate it!