1961 14' runabout

keepNitreel

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1961 14' runabout

We have a Mark Twain Vsonic. I was last registered 01. This Boat does not have HIN number. The letters on the bow go CF 6585 HV. So if what you say is true the boat was build in 1985? Also the model # 18 I/O 1-6-9 I think 18 is for feet I/O inboard outboard. But can you tell what 1-6-9 is? This boat was giving to us with no information or paper work. I do know that the company that built this boat went out of service in the late 80,s to 90.My question can I take the numbers that are on the registration sticker on the side of the boat to the DMV for infomation on year ECT?
Take the numbers or call wherever your state registers boats, in Virginia it's the Dept. of game & inlands fishers. They may have the info on the title unless it was last registered as homemade or salvaged, in that case your SOL.

Good luck with dat.

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey man! Not been any posts recently! :) Just curious wats up with your boat by now. I know, my threads not much better....:redface: I got all my tripping and stuff done now so I gotta hit it hard now!

tallcanadian

Captain

keepNitreel....what a great job on a great project. That boat looks absolutley wonderful. I too had a great laugh at the neighbours stringer job. That was too funny. The boat looks great. You should feel proud. Can't wait to see the finished results. I'll be watching this project.

69starcraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah, how about an update?

I've put TWO in the water so far :D

ok, so I had the Glaspar professionally fiberglassed (i.e. cheating)
and the tinny didn't take much in the form of a transom lol

how is she looking?

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

Great job so far. I'm subscribed, I gotta see this when its done.

bitterboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

hey how about an update.
Its gonna be Sept. soon, How is the boat going, You have made a lot of progress, and the pics are great.
Keep them coming.

chrishayes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Just want to stop in and say that you need to get a freakin update on here. I hate seeing good threads fall back to the 6th page! I dont care if you just take a few pics of bugs in your paint. Lets see it, let us know how you are.

keepNitreel

Chief Petty Officer

Hey man! Not been any posts recently! :) Just curious wats up with your boat by now. I know, my threads not much better....:redface: I got all my tripping and stuff done now so I gotta hit it hard now!

keepNitreel....what a great job on a great project. That boat looks absolutley wonderful. I too had a great laugh at the neighbours stringer job. That was too funny. The boat looks great. You should feel proud. Can't wait to see the finished results. I'll be watching this project.

Yeah, how about an update?

I've put TWO in the water so far :D

ok, so I had the Glaspar professionally fiberglassed (i.e. cheating)
and the tinny didn't take much in the form of a transom lol

how is she looking?

Great job so far. I'm subscribed, I gotta see this when its done.

hey how about an update.
Its gonna be Sept. soon, How is the boat going, You have made a lot of progress, and the pics are great.
Keep them coming.

Just want to stop in and say that you need to get a freakin update on here. I hate seeing good threads fall back to the 6th page! I dont care if you just take a few pics of bugs in your paint. Lets see it, let us know how you are.
Update: I spent the money to finish the project on 33 sheets of backerboard, 15 bags of motar & 51 boxes of porcelain tile :mad: I've been pulling up layers of old floor (4) & laying backerboard for the past month and a half :mad: Gotta go will edit later

Edit: This is not the first house project that has pushed the boat to the back burner. Back in October I started on vaulting the ceiling in our eat in kitchen area, did not finish that until Xmas eve. I have next week off so I might sneak over to the boat for a couple of
hours in the morning while the wife is at work then slide back in the house and make it look like I been working hard on the floor all day. I know it won't work but I'ma try anyway.

Thanks for the support, I'll get there some day (year)

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Wont she be a bit heavy with all that mortar & tile???:eek:

lol...:D

Good man for taking care of the household bro;)

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey great to see you're still alive!! :D Any update is better than none! Thanx for dropping by! Looking forward to more later!

tallcanadian

Captain

Yeah, it's like dangling a carrot in front of donkey. Glad to see your still floatin.

bigredinohio

Chief Petty Officer

Man that bites. Hope you are able to complete the project so you can get back to your boat. Really look forward to seeing some progress.

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

Sure the tile is handy to have in the kitchen for walking around while your cooking, but don't you need fish to cook? The boat is vital in the feeding of the family!

colobiker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I hear ya with the house projects.
I ended up spending january till about 1 week ago working on
remodeling bathrooms in the house (three)

Half way through mrs. colobiker decided she diddnt wanna be mrs colobiker.. now I get to try to find a shop.. er.. place to park the boat and toys.. with a little space carved out for humanly functions (like sleeping)

you gotta just tell the wife.. boat is way more important.. (but then again.. i am the one getting a divorce...)

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Ouch bro...

Half way through? They would have stayed that way..Aint fixin nothing I wont be using..

sorry to hear..and maybe no relationship advise from ya;)
Just kidding with you..Good Luck

colobiker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ouch bro...

Half way through? They would have stayed that way..Aint fixin nothing I wont be using..

exactly.. I am not the one to be giving relationship advise.
unless its on how to get out of one. :redface:

oh well more time for the boat, motorcycles, ATV and tractors...

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

exactly.. I am not the one to be giving relationship advise.
unless its on how to get out of one. :redface:

oh well more time for the boat, motorcycles, ATV and tractors...

lol..man I have THAT one covered..
Take it easy...Lifes short

chrishayes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

KIR, I know the feeling, my boat is on the WAY back burner, for the exact same reason as yours! A back deck full of backerboard and a whirlpool tub, toilet, tile and vanity. When I first bought this house 3 years ago I took over a year to lay 750 sq ft of backerboard, heating wire and slate in my main entry, kitchen and dining room. Look on the bright side, you only have to put 72,000 screws in to hold it down:eek: I reccomend a impact driver with a sleeve bit! Have fun with that and get back to your boat someday! Thanks for the update.

fire7882

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I remember your first post almost a year ago and I had just started my first boat project as well. Just like you, I'm still not done because other projects used up all my time. Good luck and hope to see it in the water soon.

keepNitreel

Chief Petty Officer

I hear ya with the house projects.
I ended up spending january till about 1 week ago working on
remodeling bathrooms in the house (three)

Half way through mrs. colobiker decided she diddnt wanna be mrs colobiker.. now I get to try to find a shop.. er.. place to park the boat and toys.. with a little space carved out for humanly functions (like sleeping)

you gotta just tell the wife.. boat is way more important.. (but then again.. i am the one getting a divorce...)
I would like to do the same as you, go to a place with no mouth to hear.

Ouch bro...

Yah, what kev said!!!!!!!

KIR, I know the feeling, my boat is on the WAY back burner, for the exact same reason as yours! A back deck full of backerboard and a whirlpool tub, toilet, tile and vanity. When I first bought this house 3 years ago I took over a year to lay 750 sq ft of backerboard, heating wire and slate in my main entry, kitchen and dining room. Look on the bright side, you only have to put 72,000 screws in to hold it down:eek: I reccomend a impact driver with a sleeve bit! Have fun with that and get back to your boat someday! Thanks for the update.
You ain't kidding!!! I'm using 35 screws per board.
I remember your first post almost a year ago and I had just started my first boat project as well. Just like you, I'm still not done because other projects used up all my time. Good luck and hope to see it in the water soon.
Dude I remember your project, I subscribed to it, you have done a great job on it so far. I told the wife I could do a better job on the floor if I had the boat finished. She said hell no, then I wouldn't see you cause you'd be on the water all the time. In my mind I was like, how true that is:D