Womens uneven bars!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander
Did you see china win over usa on a tie cause there was loopy judging???? I been watching these games the whole time and i feel bad for that girl! She won silver but there is questions as to weather or not that china girl was even 16 years old! She looked like she was maybee 12 and i know its hard to say that since there is a lot of different ethnicity behind that buy thats what they are looking into. The girl has a sister that is 12 and she looks like she is 25. I am not a good judge of age buy that was totally not cool!!!

Tyme2fish

Commander
Re: Womens uneven bars!!

The Olympics have always had questionable judging. Nothing new there. But the judges have to look at the performance in real time, while the "talking heads" can look over and over at replays.

That being said, one still has to have feelings for the American girl denied a gold medal. Denied? The judges deemed another more worthy. ??

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It was not the judging that made the difference. It was the tie-breaker software designed by the IOC. I thought Nastia was better, but what do I know?

Well, one thing I do know is that on the vault landing outside the "zone" and falling on the landing are major faults that were not deducted from the Chinese girl's second vault, allowing her a Silver Medal.

rogerwa

Commander

The tie breaker logic is weird. The dirst tie breaker is fine.. Remove the highest and lowest score. But the deciding factor in this case was the secondary tie breaker which is to remove the next lowest score. China had an 8.9 and the US had a 9.0, so this rule gave an advantage to China. To me it would make more sense to decide based on who had the highest next lowest score. Or even better, call it a tie..

My favorite is womens beach volleyball. It is a perfect sport in my view.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

Yea beach is the best Misty is my wife!! I wish LOL LOL LOL!!! Did you see those pics of Bush about to smack her ***! LOL

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

It was not the judging that made the difference. It was the tie-breaker software designed by the IOC. I thought Nastia was better, but what do I know?

Well, one thing I do know is that on the vault landing outside the "zone" and falling on the landing are major faults that were not deducted from the Chinese girl's second vault, allowing her a Silver Medal.

That was a MAJOR fupax (sp) According to every one I herd reviewing it.....................Old Bella Carloi (sp) was livid at the scoring...........Seems to me there was call for a protest there if any where.:eek::eek:

aspeck

Staff member

I don't think the judges have a handle on the new scoring system. And why do you need a tie breaker anyway ... the other sports don't have a tie breaker. If you want a tie breaker, have them do the routine over again ... or include ALL the judges scores, narrow it down to the fewer judges.

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

That whole thing wasn't cool. Lot of fishy stuff going on.

So what do they do in the unlikely event that two girls each get 7.500 from every judge?

I say cut the gold and silver medals in half and weld 'em together.:D

I have watched some of the events but its pretty easy to see that the chinese will DO ANYTHING to try and win and put on a good face for the world to see. I noticed also that most of them have ugly frowns on their faces when ANYONE but a fellow commi wins...To them its all about them.. what losers........

JB

I have watched some of the events but its pretty easy to see that the chinese will DO ANYTHING to try and win and put on a good face for the world to see. I noticed also that most of them have ugly frowns on their faces when ANYONE but a fellow commi wins...To them its all about them.. what losers........

I disagree. Except for the undeserved silver (that really belonged to Nastia) I think they earned what they got. They were VERY good. The judging was not done by Chinese and the tie breaker program was not designed by Chinese.

I saw no frowns, ugly or otherwise. I did see disappointment in beaten athletes not as poised as ours. They showed class when they lost and class when they won, unlike your sour grapes remarks.

To them, like our athletes, it is all about the country they represent and the pressure they are under.

I would expect any country with roughly five times our population to draw from and a strong national commitment to put on a grand show and gather as many medals as they can earn. I think China has done just that and I congratulate them. They have put on the grandest Olympics ever.

I am embarrassed for my country by your sniveling.

waterinthefuel

Commander

Well it's been proven that the Chinese girl was 13. They had some paperwork that said she was 13 and it had been changed to 16. The chinese didn't win anything, they cheated. They know they cheated and the world knows they cheated. I don't know of a single 15 or 16 year old girl that's a HEAD shorter than our little short girl whos 15 or so. That's a baby, 12 or 13 at the most. Yea, I guess she would win.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I would expect any country with roughly five times our population to draw from and a strong national commitment to put on a grand show and gather as many medals as they can earn. I think China has done just that and I congratulate them. They have put on the grandest Olympics ever.

I am embarrassed for my country by your sniveling.

Agreed it has been a great show....................however................

Regarding the Chinese Womans Gymnastic Team.
I would only ask at what cost to the athletes themselves?? If the training methods utilized in Chinas womens gymnastics (as reported on NBC) are correct they seem to border on child abuse...........at least by our western standards. Separating a child from their family as early as age 3 or 4 and allowing only 2 to 3 visits family visits a year seems extreme at best. Couple that with the reported 8 to 10 hour a day training sessions in a military camp like setting, and the reduced emphasis on education and you have a deplorable situation. Additionally you have the minimum age requirement that at face value appears to be an issue.
That said the balance of the Chinese Athletes seem no different than any other competitors there, a bit more reserved and controlled (as in self control) than some, but as for sportsman ship they seem fine.

As for the medal chase their "roughly five times our population to draw from" has garnered them second place in total medal count at this time.;):) Guess who's in first......:D

Knot Waiting

Senior Chief Petty Officer

All judging discrepencys aside I severely question those Chinnese girls age.. I mean c'mon that entire county is not exactly known for its honesty or willingness to disclose political affairs/motives. Have you heard some of the stunts they pulled just to look good in the public eye for the Olymipcs?

I guess I havent watched enough to see the all the happy faces of the host population. When the camera was on the girls gym gold winner and you could see some of the locals in the background they didnt look like smiles to me, they looked like frowns and when the womens marathon runner came into the arena the few brief camera shots were not of people with happy faces then but when the chinese runners came in the place went wild....No offense I guess I should have seen more.

JB

"Proof" claims notwithstanding the IOC investigated and is satisfied that she will be 16 this year, which is what is required.

I am really embarrassed by the lousy sportsmanship and sniveling "yabuts" in this thread. The Chinese have earned what they have won (except the silver on vault that should have gone to Nastia), and our athletes have earned what they have won.

I sure hope our athletes are showing more class in Beijing that some iboaters are in this thread.:(

oddjob

Commander

"Proof" claims notwithstanding the IOC investigated and is satisfied that she will be 16 this year, which is what is required.

I am really embarrassed by the lousy sportsmanship and sniveling "yabuts" in this thread. The Chinese have earned what they have won (except the silver on vault that should have gone to Nastia), and our athletes have earned what they have won.

I sure hope our athletes are showing more class in Beijing that some iboaters are in this thread.:(

JB, I take offense to your recent frequent member bashing.

While i'm not an expert of the diving event, a female commentater viewing/hosting the event was very unhappy with the judging and was expressing ( with slow motion footage ) reasons why she disagreed with the judges with her subject matter experience. Americans have utter distain for cheaters and deceivers. I well with pride of my fellow American/Alies Iboat members. Whooo Hooooooooo! :0

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I am seriously disappointed at these games... Way too many WR's being broken by HUGE amounts.... 'Unusual'.... chemical assistance? Me thinks!!!

Chris...........

JB

I do not seek to bash anyone. I am merely responding to China and Chinese bashing.

I see no future for this thread, so it is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.