ventilation fix?

bauerw

Cadet
I have a 2003 LUND 1800 with a Yamaha F115. I am running a 13.25X17P aluminum prop. The problem I have is too much ventilation when turning a corner. Yesturday, I tried a SS 13.25X18, no change in the ventilation. I can drop my motor one more hole and I am wondering if this is the solution?

Irv964

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: ventilation fix?

I have a 2003 LUND 1800 with a Yamaha F115. I am running a 13.25X17P aluminum prop. The problem I have is too much ventilation when turning a corner. Yesturday, I tried a SS 13.25X18, no change in the ventilation. I can drop my motor one more hole and I am wondering if this is the solution?

How high is the motor now? Your cav plate should be about an inch or so above the bottom of the rear of the boat. That being said, it may require to be lower than that if your getting excessive ventilation? Is your prop in good shape, are you trimming down when turning, how fast are you travelling?
I am surprised the SS did not correct most of this for you but you said it changed nothing? To me something is wrong with your setup? Any pics available of the motor fully trimmed down so we can see where the cav plate is in relation to the back of your boat?...........Irv964

Irv964

Petty Officer 1st Class

Also, is there anything that could be interfering with your prop like a transducer, swim ladder etc? Also what about the bottom of the boat, is it straight or are there any dents or buildup that could be affecting the prop area while under way?.....Irv964

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Is there anything on the boat that might disturb the water by the prop?
Does it bother slight turns or just the more severe ones?Usually you can trim in for turns if venting is not too severe.If the stainless doesn't solve it you may have to lower it a hole.Kind of a shame to give up the height.