Retro Muscle

The_Kid

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Retro Muscle

That's one sweet looking ride.:eek:

I sure wish I'd have kept my first car. 65 Mustang convertible. Red with white interior, 289, 4 speed, and a 4 barrel. It was one fast pony back then.

Rancherlee

Chief Petty Officer

Nice camaro!. I'm building up what I call a Pro-Driving 70' Chevelle right now with the same color combo. Boxed frame, smoothed firewall, 6.0L/4L60E combo out of a chevy truck, Ford 9" rear, Bear 13" front/12" rear disks, 17" Coddingtons, and Autometer Phantom II gauges. I call it Pro-Driving since it has an automatic, only 17" wheels to survive pothole encounters, and a low but not too low suspension that handles better than stock but doesn't ride like a 3/4 ton truck.

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

Nice camaro!. I'm building up what I call a Pro-Driving 70' Chevelle right now with the same color combo. Boxed frame, smoothed firewall, 6.0L/4L60E combo out of a chevy truck, Ford 9" rear, Bear 13" front/12" rear disks, 17" Coddingtons, and Autometer Phantom II gauges. I call it Pro-Driving since it has an automatic, only 17" wheels to survive pothole encounters, and a low but not too low suspension that handles better than stock but doesn't ride like a 3/4 ton truck.

OK Rancherlee, now you have to post project pictures.

You know the rules! :D

Philthyphil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

both verry nice, always wanted a tiger, but kinda pricey...

Up untill just a few years ago you could buy one for not much more than an MGB and less than a big Healey. And way less than a 325hp 396 ss Chevelle, which if your my age you know they made ton's of and were not that fast. A good 66 327 chevy II would eat it up in a few seconds. Theres another car that was under the rader for quite awhile. Along with a Falcon Sprint with a hypo 289. And throw in the 273-340 Darts. There were lots of small block cars that were just as fast as big blocks, esp a 70 302 Z