Firefox compared to IE 6/7/8..whatever

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Just got around to installing Mozzila Firefox, on the main and 2 laptops, as more or less dropped a brick on my foot, and sidelined for a few days.
JEEZZ..what a DIFF!. IBoats was always slow loading anything on IE. (I'm wireless high speed here in the shop, main house not much better)..now, real fast. Still have to get used to the bookmark part, do some tweaking/figuring.
100% better than IE....go for it...HIGHLY recommened. Lots of features, own spell check..(little red lines under a word, just right click for options)..much more. Internet progress in the works. Sometimes Bill Gates and Steve Jobs and the rest should have been born to those that eat the young, but hey, its here, it the way, and I need to make it easy as possible.
Had more fun young and stupid, than now (58) trying to keep up...but what is, what is...anyway...try it out. Don't like it, hit a system restore point if ya got a decent puter...only a half hour yer time, at the most..depends puter download speed...stay wet..Robby..(still plan on putting in the Flatbottom dragboat Sunday...its only pain and a limp..left foot anyway...and as a left foot breaker, in a boat with no brakes..well, it just gets in the way anyway!):D:D:cool:

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Firefox compared to IE 6/7/8..whatever

i've been using Foxfire for 1 1/2 years, would never go back to IE.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Why was this post MOVED, and why?...and where? Are we getting so "delicate here"...its a simple DC chat, same as I would do any darn dock yak..why I kinda side lined myself here...back to logged off...jeezz...give up..seya..:mad:

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Welcome to the world of Firefox Scaaty.....................what took ya so long??:eek::eek::D

mainexile

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here at work, I have a Dell workstation and I have to use IE 'cause that's all that's on the network. But at home I have a Macbook Pro which came bundled with Safari. So I tried Firefox for Mac, and it's like going from 45 rpm down to 33-1/3. I'm not impressed.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Why was this post MOVED, and why?...and where? Are we getting so "delicate here"...its a simple DC chat, same as I would do any darn dock yak..why I kinda side lined myself here...back to logged off...jeezz...give up..seya..:mad:

It was moved because 'puter software is a technical topic and non-boating, Scaaty. It was moved to Non-Boating Technical topics. We don't have a Geek Topics forum to move it to. :)

Do you need help finding a correct forum to take shots at the moderation here? If so, PM me. :)

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I've been using Firefox for a couple years also. Another great advantage to FF is, back when I was using IE, I'd do an AdAware scan for adware and spyware once a week, and typically a couple dozen nasties would get cleaned out. After I switched to FF, AdAware would find virtually nothing week after week.

That may have changed a little these days as FF has a larger market share and more spyware is targeted to it, but FF is still much more secure than IE.

Pierutrus

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I've used it ever since it came out. Will never go back to IE.;)

i386

Captain

Been using it since before 1.0. I like the tabs and add-ons.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

My mac at work does not like Firefox either. Safari runs much better but on my pc it is awesome. Every once in awhile I will launch IE so I can see how slow Iboats opens and actually see what a pop up that everyone else describes looks like.

mthieme

Captain

You outta try on Linux if you really wanna performance boost.