Feedback on a 93 Starcraft EuroStar 170 please

JimInMichigan

Recruit
You guys have talked me from buying a Bayliner, so I need help with this one.

1993 Starcraft Eurostar 170 outfitted with a 70hp Force.

Its a local sale. Sale sign stated it has only been in the water 6 times in its life. Last registration sticker expired in 03. I havent talked to the owners yet.

My worry was since I dont think it has seen water in last 5 years atleast, is the fuel tank got gummed up old gas in it and how hard would it be to clean out. Same for the carb on the motor.

Other than that, it does look new inside and out ( few light scratches on the side, like someone had brushed up against it a few times ). The vynl sun top looked new as well as the trailer.

Asking price is $3800. Seems a little steep. If the boat is recommended, what would be a decent counter offer?

199675hpforce

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Feedback on a 93 Starcraft EuroStar 170 please

I own 96 fishmaster very cool boat, im asking 12,900 is the euro a full windshield type boat like superfisherman or master?

oops!

Supreme Mariner

check out the links i gave you on the other thread jim.....

there is lots more if you want to go up to 3800

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I'd stay away from Force outboards. Parts are becoming difficult to locate and this one may need something right away that you can't find since it hasn't been used for a while. Lots of people still run them and they aren't bad motors but I think I'd only get one if it was in excellent running condition or I was getting a steller deal. Starcrafts are great boats though.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Not to start problems but I think your boat is overpriced having a Force on it. Also, Jim is looking at boats for a couple grand. I don't think boats like yours are going to be on his radar.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

You guys have talked me from buying a Bayliner, so I need help with this one.

1993 Starcraft Eurostar 170 outfitted with a 70hp Force.

Its a local sale. Sale sign stated it has only been in the water 6 times in its life. Last registration sticker expired in 03. I havent talked to the owners yet.

My worry was since I dont think it has seen water in last 5 years atleast, is the fuel tank got gummed up old gas in it and how hard would it be to clean out. Same for the carb on the motor.

Other than that, it does look new inside and out ( few light scratches on the side, like someone had brushed up against it a few times ). The vynl sun top looked new as well as the trailer.

Asking price is $3800. Seems a little steep. If the boat is recommended, what would be a decent counter offer?

I have one in full recon right now, they are a well designed boat all hand laid hull. But they are one very ruff riding boat, large chines which makes for a stable ride but they also have a very small freeboard...long and somewhat narrow...check or have the stringers checked closely the used very cheap foam which absorb's water along with drainage holes that exposes the stringer system to a open enviroment

Look familar...the I/O version..

Picture019-4.jpg