Who makes the best looking deck boat?

iamthunderman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am actually beginning to narrow my search due to being OCD and finding this site:eek:. I was originally going to go with a runabout, but with three kids and a wife I need a potty. Plus I like the size of the hull, and the size of the area for other peeps besides my family.

Who makes the best looking deck boat from 2000-2005, those are the years I am looking at.

T-Man

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Who makes the best looking deck boat?

Hmmmmm... still lookin?? Good for you. When I first walked across the forward deck of a deck boat and looked back, I realized "these things are huge!!" :eek:

However, from what you have posted, sure seems to suit your needs.

I stumbled across this post from another boat site..about the third post down someone seems to have categorized these boats pretty well...check em out.

http://www.goboatingamerica.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002201.html

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i still say the Chris Craft over all for looks, space, lay out, and storage.

iamthunderman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thank you guys, especially Tasha's Daddy. It is because of you that I have put Chris Craft in my top 3 choices for a deck boat. DO you have anymore pics of your boat? What is it that you like about it? How is it in the water compared to a runabout? What model is it? Specs? LOL

Tasha, I think I am going to be picking your brain a lot over the next few years :)

i still say the Chris Craft over all for looks, space, lay out, and storage.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

mine is a 230 23 feet, 5.7 Volvo SX drive, runs close to 40 mph with 7 on board. it has tremendous storage, under each side of bow, stern wrap around seat, the close potty area has a sink and water, the area of the console has a huge storage area. bow and stern swim deck with ladders, bow anchor locker.

handles great on the water, rides better than the bow riders i have had. wakeboarding, trimmed right throws a great wake, then when crusing, and trimmed the wake is good, does not swamp other boats.

http://www.waterskimag.com/article.jsp?ID=12048

my boat is in Ormond Beach, and pixs on old computer, but i found this,

http://ae.boats.com/listing/gallery...=/listing/boat_details.jsp?entityid=107949841

iamthunderman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Dang! That does not look like a 99.

Can you put a wakeboard tower on it?

ekinnee

Seaman

I'm not sure they meet your age needs but I'm partial to the Kayot deck boats.

204 Escape

Ensign

Hey, iamthunderman where do you live ??

Maybe someone could direct you to a dealer in your area that is "reputible", rather than someone that is shady !!!!!!!! ;)

The Great Escape II

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would agree with Kelly. Chaparral's have the room/style and they don't have the ride issues like some typical deck boats. Their new design has a "forked" bow which gives you a regular "V" hull design like in a bowrider.

jevery

Chief Petty Officer

I like the Hurricanes for their looks and their choice of power, (IO or outboard), though, their website and brochure aren?t real specific about construction materials. Personally, if I was spending that kind of $$ I?d want all composite/no wood construction like Four Winns F Series or Bryant.

Campylobacter

Chief Petty Officer

I like the Hurricanes for their looks and their choice of power, (IO or outboard), though, their website and brochure aren?t real specific about construction materials. Personally, if I was spending that kind of $$ I?d want all composite/no wood construction like Four Winns F Series or Bryant.

I went with Hurricane because I want an OB for the shallow sounds (salt water). They do use "encapsulated" wood, whatever that means. I will also say they have very little deadrise, which gives you a ton of deck space for the weight/size but the ride suffers in any kind of chop.

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

the new bayliners look real nicehttp://www.baylinerboats.com/deck_boats.asp?modelid=103773

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Sorry, that was a pretty shameless pitch but with things like they are I do what I can.

Azure and Southwind are both fiberglass boats, there is my total sum knowledge of there product line.

I am on the pontoon side in the weld shop and don't ever have the chance to get over there.

I just called up pictures of both and the bow on the Southwind looks quite a bit wider so I would say no the aren't the same.

They are a newer brands, they have been making them for maybe 6-7 years and I know they spared no expense on the factory, it is all state of the art.

Find a dealer, look at the boat and see what you think.

If you scroll to the bottom of the page they have independant reviews from different magazine you can read.

dvan1901

Chief Petty Officer

There is a small company called Splendor Boats (splendorboats.com). I came across them in an add, did some poking around and finally bought the Platinum 240 and it is awesome! The absolute smoothest ride I've had on a boat. We were sold on the layout of that boat because our friends have a Hurricane deckboat with a similar layout and we liked it. We got a great deal on ours and if you are within, I believe, 1100 miles, they will deliver it to your door for free. We took ours to Tim's Ford lake last week and at one point we had 9 adults and two kids and never had a space issue. The picture in my profile is what ours looks like, I have more pictures if you are interested. I would give them a look for sure. You can probably get a new one for less than what you are looking for used.
You can see some pictures of mine here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/dvan1901/SplenorPics

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That is a really sharp boat dvan1901. I've heard good things about Slendor's. Normally I think deck boats are kinda awkward looking but that one is really nice.

bchboater

Cadet

Does a Sea Ray sundeck count as a deckboat?