350 Ski Tique Troubles

imported_TheMan

Petty Officer 1st Class
A friend and I have been rebuilding his CC Ski Tique.. He bought a 350 base engine for it a couple years ago and we are finally getting around to putting it in. Yesterday we took it for a test drive after breaking the cam in in the driveway. It fired right up out on the water, but was pumping some oil out of the dipstick. The dipstick is off a fitting near the base of the oil pan. We knew the filter he was using was partially damaged but were just using it temporarily before putting on a new Wix filter. I was wondering if a damaged oil filter could cause enough restriction to pressurize the case and cause oil to come out of the dipstick? Any other thoughts? The plan is obviously to replace the filter and retest, but I like to think out loud.

He needs to give the carburetor a good soaking too, but it will be quite nice once it is all completed.. Little boat throws a nice looking wake.

Thanks!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: 350 Ski Tique Troubles

................... I was wondering if a damaged oil filter could cause enough restriction to pressurize the case and cause oil to come out of the dipstick? Any other thoughts? ...................Thanks!

Not likely...............is there any sign of blow by out the valve covers??