boat list bad

ducatijoe

Cadet
please help i have a 1975 proline 17ft cc it weights 1020 lb i have a 120 force motor with a 19in stainless prop. heres my problem, when at full power eg 5200rpms the boat dives hard to the left it scares me bad. i have contacted the mechanic he said he has no idea but to get trim tabs. mabey prop torque. i have no idea. i also have 2 drain holes on the boat the bottom hole i pulled the plug out ( a plastic screw) and at least 10 gallons of water came out.i know the boats deck has been replaced and i do have a bilge pump (very little water) could this also be the problem? and at last my trim motor is broke (got one on order) it is set in the lowest position,no speed and could this be the problem. any help?????:(:confused:

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander
Re: boat list bad

If the boat dives then you possibly have a hook in your hull.
If it just pulls that way then something as simple as adjusting your anode tab. And yes, trim tabs will certainly help.
As far as the water is concerned it might be an issue if it builds up on the port side only - I don't see that being the culprit though.
Very possibly that your motor could be the source of this. Try putting it back a pin or two and then run it. Will be trial and error but this way you can start to get it narrowed down.
You didn't mention if this is a new problem or ongoing. :confused:

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer

With your engine being in that position it is pushing the bow down. It needs to be trimmed up. Don't go WOT until you adjust the trim.

Find out where that water is coming from. Does your boat have a live well?

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

Most often a boat will list to port at speed because the bow is too low in the water. The cause is often motor trim (too much negative trim) or a hydrofoil.