Is It Worth It?

m&m252

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Has anyone used BOAT HISTORY REPORT.COM . Want to know if its good info on boats history as the related site for cars called car facts.If anyone in this forum has used this site to get boats history I would like to know if you got the result you expected for the price paid .

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Is It Worth It?

Carfax is also questionable. I had a friend who sold a car that has been BADLY wrecked twice and fixed with insurance both times. Everything was above board and should have been noted. He traded the car to a dealer who did a Carfax report on it and nothing came back.

I cannot imagine what information you'd be hoping to find from such a report on a boat. It would be pretty rare that a boat would be involved in some kind of accident.

m&m252

Petty Officer 2nd Class

we were hit in 2005 with several storms lots of storm damaged boats ,personal owned ,aswell as local boat dealers that took storm hit. my concern is = a boat damaged in clearwater,fl. then repaired in tampa,fl. then sold to joe in jax,fl. with no record of any sort would be a concern to me...

d_saum

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Why not just get a surveyor to check it out for you? Probably more expensive, but I think it's worth it and probably will not buy another boat without one.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

imho, a serious waste of money. most boats are never trade in. the are personal sales, or consignment sales. it would be impossible to track them. that is why you do personal inspections, or have the boat surveyed.