oh the ramp

freddyray21

Commander
where we boat the ramp has gotten very bad due the to high water. With the high water the seawall where you would normally drop off passengers is under water so everyone is bringing their boats to the ramp to drop people off. Sunday my wife drops me off. Not at the ramp, but close by on shore and I pushed her back out to stand off while I get the trailer. I back the trailer in and my wife could not get to it for the boats coming in to drop people off. Finally she gets a bit closer and there is a guy in his boat going forward reverse forward reverse to hold his position. Every time he would back up a bit she would go forward to get around him only to have him go forward. All the time he is watching the ramp I guess waiting to pick up people. Oblivious to the other boats. I finally hollered at him and he then looked to see my wife trying to bring in the boat and he moved. she brought the boat in and we were out in two minutes and gone, but oh the ramp.

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: oh the ramp

It is hard to believe how many people either don't have a clue or are just plain rude and inconsiderate.

Andy in NY

Commander

On the 4th of july, we were headed in for the day and the launch was pretty busy considering that it usually isn't. There is a double wide ramp, wide enough for 2 boats at a time with a dock on each side and nothing else. there were probably 3 or 4 boats waiting to launch, and another 3-4 waiting to retrieve. we were first in line to retrieve, but this idiot trying to launch his boat... his vehicle was straight, but his boat was at a sharp angle, taking up BOTH lanes of the ramp. the boat was only in about 2 ft of water, and this guy is trying to get the boat off the trailer.we sat there idling for about 15 minutes and stalled. couldnt restart for some reason. we were about 50' from the launch and drifting. Finally this guy gets the boat in the water. Fortunatly, another boat helped us to the ramp and as we went past this guy about 10' away, nothing from him. no sorry, nothing. as we were getting the boat on the trailer one guy confesses to me that he offered to help the guy, and he got hollered at saying "I know what I am doing".

Shizzy

Ensign

thats stupid. when I drop someone off to go get the trailer I just turn around and ride out a few hundred feet. when I see the trailer is next in line I come putting in. by the time the trailer is in the water, im right there. Im out of everyones way untill the time I need to be right there.

freddyray21

Commander

it wasn't the people blocking the ramp. I was the people going around boats waiting to load. At some point you have to wait to bring your people in so other boats can load.