"green" products for boaters

Jeff Serena

Recruit
I'm an editor working on a project to identify and catalog environmentally safe (relative to other common products on the market) products for boaters. These can be pretty much anything from hull paints to hardware. If you know such products, have experience using them, and can recommend them, I'd be much obliged if you'd let me know. Thanks very much in advance for your kind help.

Best regards,

Jeff Serena

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: "green" products for boaters

Howdy, Jeff.

Seems obvious to me, but have you considered the paddle?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

A great place to find a lot of such products would be the MAATS (Marine Aftermarket Accessories Trade Show) show in Vegas. See ya there!

QC

Supreme Mariner

LOL @ JB . . .

Define "Environmentally Safe" some would say that a Paddle cost us a tree, and some would say that a plastic paddle required dealing with the Devil (Oil Companies), and some would say one with an Aluminum handle would require mining, not sure what they'd say about a Carbon fiber one, but I am sure it would PO somebody . . .

Kinda fun hiding political comments in the Boat Topics section . . . :eek: :D

tommays

Admiral

ILX-4490BQ_med.jpg
with Irgarol

the EPA says it is a lot safer:confused: and i will not need to sand next season and have only had to scrub the bottom a few times from late April

And no signs of barnacles ;)

I will only burn about 6 gallons of fuel and let the rain wash the boat other than some paper towels and windex on the bird poo

The boat is 27 years old so i guess it is more Green to buy a well made boat:confused:

That pretty much uses up my green power

ry%3D320

Jeff Serena

Recruit

Many thanks to all for the suggestions, both the practical and the amusing.

Kind regards,

Jeff