4.3L Water Separating Fuel Filter Kit question

tkrules19

Cadet
I purchased a Water Separating Fuel Filter Kit for my 1988 Mecruiser 4.3 L. Any ideas of a good mounting location? I looked around on the engine and nothing really caught my eye. Any suggestions? Thank you

Tom

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 4.3L Water Separating Fuel Filter Kit question

Somewhere between the tank and the fuel pump.

tkrules19

Cadet

Well yea...simple enough but a particular location i want to mount it somewhere nice on the engine.

danond

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It doesn't have to be mounted to the engine, I don't believe. Mount it to a bilge wall somewhere close.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Take a trip down to your local marina and have a look a rigs with similar engine set ups as yours that have the separator installed and copy them. There should even be bracketing available from the dealer.

tkrules19

Cadet

yea thats what i was thinking too, but since the motor is out right now, if someone had a particular location where they have it mounted on the engine that worked real good i was gona do that.

tkrules19

Cadet

A bracket would be absolutely perfect that is what im looking for so if someone has a link to where i can buy one or copy one please let me know.

abe321

Cadet

A bracket would be absolutely perfect that is what im looking for so if someone has a link to where i can buy one or copy one please let me know.

Hi mate Ive got one on my 4.3 merc. fit it behind the rear back rest when you lift the engine cover up its easy to get to.