Help Asap

skinndogg04

Cadet
Hi fella's, i just recently rebuilt my force 50 89, all new electrical parts, i started it up and like an idiot forgot to put the water muffs on it, shut it off as quickly as possible but saw no water comming out of the exhaust, i knew i blew the wate pump,so i replaced it, started it and im still getting no water comming out of the exhaust, i tried to adjust the shift rod, i tried everything, i dont know what to do, i cant figure it out for the life of me, i even replaced the lower unit with one from a parts boat that was good, any help anyone can give me, please my little boy wants to get on the river for some fishin with the old man, help....thanks.....Randy.....

nabularach

Banned
Re: Help Asap

I have a force 125 and cant seem to get the water to circulate unless I submerge the motor completely in the water. The only other thing I can think of would be the thermostat. have you removed it to check for blockage or that the thermostat is working properly? Good luck

skinndogg04

Cadet

i actually took the thermostat off and tried to start it to see if the water was makin it to the block, thermostat was bone dry so what ever it is is below the block, but thank you much appreciated...

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hi fella's, i just recently rebuilt my force 50 89, all new electrical parts, i started it up and like an idiot forgot to put the water muffs on it, shut it off as quickly as possible but saw no water comming out of the exhaust, i knew i blew the wate pump,so i replaced it, started it and im still getting no water comming out of the exhaust, i tried to adjust the shift rod, i tried everything, i dont know what to do, i cant figure it out for the life of me, i even replaced the lower unit with one from a parts boat that was good, any help anyone can give me, please my little boy wants to get on the river for some fishin with the old man, help....thanks.....Randy.....

... yup running it dry you prolly shredded that rubber impeller. when you place the LU back in, is the brass tube that is in the O/B leg dead on the LU's plastic spout? sometimes those get mis-aligned. also check the key on the impeller and see if it slipped out. run thru the thread in this forum on "step by step impeller change" starting compleletly over.

just some ideas for you, wishing you luck to get your son on the water...

skinndogg04

Cadet

believe it or not the impellar was in fine condition no shredding or anything which leads me to believe its something else stupid that i cant figure out, something in the lower end . the copper tube was loose but i inserted it into the pump housing and i guess it couldve been loose leading up to the block but i couldnt tell cause i cant see up the lower end that far, thanks for the info...

nabularach

Banned

Have you tried back flushing through the thermostat opening to see if the water will make it through the lower unit?

skinndogg04

Cadet

flushing the thermostat,didnt think of that, that was a really good idea, i did it and it is making it to the lower unit, was wondering, if theres not a tight enough seal on the water pump housing to the lower end , would that cause enough drop in pressure that the impellar wouldnt be able to vaccumn up the water sending it to the block, by the way thanks for the idea, appreciate it...

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Verify the impeller drive shift pin is installed. I have seen impellers with the brass insert separate from the rubber vanes before. Sometimes it will work on lower RPM and then just slip at higher speeds.

You should use a better title. Maybe 50 HP Force no water coming out. The title will catch more peoples attention. Every post is a plea for help so your title dosent give us a clue as to what is happening.

cordell

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a 85 HP Force and muffs do not work for me..I must stick the LU in a barrel full of water to get the pump to flow. Always been this way. many other people here have the same issue. Get a trash can (rubber) and set the motor in that full of water and I bet you get action.

cordell

skinndogg04

Cadet

fellas i appreciate all the info im going to try some of those ideas and get back to ya, thanks....

ifishhard

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a force 75hp and it only pees in the lake! Want pee on muffs! Make sure the water pump housing itself isnt worn down on the inside. Also make sure that ALL upper and lower gaskets are not blown causing air to be sucked in messing up the water cycle. MAKE SURE THAT YOU TURN THE DRIVESHAFT CLOCK WISE WHE INSTALLING THE IMPELLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If turned counterclockwise you will just be forcing water back out of the engine and pulling it through!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!:)

rckyview

Cadet

Just wondering...It sounds like you inserted the water tube into the lower unit first, I believe that it should be inserted into the top unit first, then the plastic sleeve should guide it into the lower unit during install.