Another Johnson Seahorse 5.5hp question

Inmytree

Recruit
I looked through hundreds of postings to see if I could gather enought info to figure out the year of the Johnson Seahorse I have. It was a helpful if i could find a model # on the motor, but the only #'s I can find are on the freeze plug. They are J2294017, can anyone tell me the year? The motor has the high and low fuel turn knobs on the front and the case is a beigh-ish tan-ish, off- white-ish color.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Another Johnson Seahorse 5.5hp question

pictures, you can up load to a free service like photobucket.com then you choose the pictures you want( clik the little box at the bottom left of the picture) scrool to the bottom of the page, clik generate html, it will take you to the next page, scroll down to thumb nails clik on that and copy, then insert it into your post.

also if you are planing on posting pictures, you can use the Blue post reply or the go advanced, manage attachments, there you can upload , directly from your computer. besure you pictures have been resized to fit the format.

Inmytree

Recruit

I have no way of including a picture.(No camera) I did find the numbers 308208 below the carborator on the lower portion of the interior of the engine housing and the freeze plug numbers-J2294017, but theses are all i can find, I cleaned off the motor and looked everywhere for the model number but nothing, and from what i gathered, the transdom mounting bracket is where it should have been.

The out side color is a single color not three, that was my best discription it what i thought it was.

any further info would be much appreciated.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

The serial number, J2294017, puts it as a 1962 model year, model #CD-19.
- Scott