What do i do now?

i just soaked and cleaned my 2 barrel mercarb and started reassembling the thing, so do i just put it on and start er up? is there a procedure to prime or, check to insure proper operation of reassembled parts? besides the idle adjustment i just dont know exactly what to do next. I just dont want to do something wrong. any help would be awesome. thanks

freddyray21

Commander
Re: What do i do now?

put it back on hooking everything up and fire it up. It might take a bit to get fuel to the carb, but if it's all done right it will fire and run.

Maclin

Admiral

Only crank the engine for 10-15 seconds or so at time. Do that twice, then pump the carb and crank for one more 10 second blast. If no start then pump one more time and crank and I bet she goes (if all is well in the carb and the rest of the fuel delivery system).

Fishermark

Vice Admiral

It helps to pour a little gas down the carb when you first put it on. Not a lot - just a "splash" will do ya!

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.....

If you Want,.... You can read How Mercruiser says to Do It....

Right Here, in the Factory Manual.....

SWWEEETTT!!! it runs beautifully, doesn't flood anymore and has surprisingly quick throttle response. but i haven't taken it above 2 grand being its not in the water (but on muffs). THANK YOU GUYS

btw, this was my first rebuild and the only thing i needed was my camera, taking pics during the process. I would be lost without them.

chiefalen

Captain

what a great feeling it must be.first time rebuilding a component and it works.first was a 1959 carb on a triumph i was 16.good luck