WW oil usage

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
I keep hearing all the talk about oil supply, and demand, I keep hearing about increasing Global demand. Yet I see posted here a decrease in oil demand in developed country's. Read USA, Great Brittan, and much of Europe. I'm curious as to how much of an increase these "developing countries" are placing on a whole, real global numbers. Say for instance the USA uses 25.9% of the current world production. Lets say total world oil production (TWOP) is 1,000,000 barrels at 90% capacity............(a week, a day, an hour, a min, it doesn't matter for this exercise.) Lets say China currently use 7.9% of the TWOP.
USA usage =259,000 barrels
Dev. Countries =79,000 barrels
US oil usage drops by 5%
USA usage now =246,050 barrels
Dev. countries increase by 15%
Dev. usage now=90,850 barrels
Demand Increase of neg 1100 Barrels
That equates to a surplus of .1%

Oil numbers found here http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/ene_oil_con-energy-oil-consumption

The 15% growth for China is based on the latest economic growth figure I could recall, something just shy if 15% annually.

Last edited:

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: WW oil usage

That is the first time I have heard that and it is so basic. If this pans out as you show, then I have some egg on my face, and there is some poppycock (official iboats slang) going on. Need to crunch the real total numbers obviously. I think DOE has some specs . . .

QC

Supreme Mariner

Shows pretty small increases and decreases as I stare at it. Looks more like growth in non-US OECD countries than China. World demand has been consistently above supply since 4th Quarter 06 . . . so reserves are being tapped into?

Coors

Captain

I just read that Saudi Arabia can turn loose 2 million more barrels a day if they want to; they don't want to, as they think the price is too high, due to hedge fund speculators (with includes most government workers pension funds)
It runs deep.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Gee! Oil, oil, oil, all this talkin and worryin about oil and the price of gas, shucks! How is y'alls blood pressure doing?

QC

Supreme Mariner

120 over 80 or some other normal number. Yours?

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Had mine checked two days ago, it was good, i don't remember the numbers.
I'm more worried about the colonoscopy coming up next week. :eek:

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601116&sid=ahZTxfdEBZak&refer=africa

Worldwide oil demand is down again for the 5th straight month... China's demand forcasts dropped the most.

Also, despite high gas prices, the dollar has been on the rise... against the euro and yen at least...

Oh, and crude prices are falling respectively... as soon as goldman sachs thinks the other investors begin to figure out that the bubble's about to burst, they'll cash out of oil and let you poor slobs take the hit in your investments...

Vlad... REALLY sorry to hear about your colonoscopy... those things ain't fun... I'm also REALLY trying to resist the joke here about how I feel like I get a colonoscopy every time I fill up the jeep... DOH!

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

"Vlad... REALLY sorry to hear about your colonoscopy... those things ain't fun... I'm also REALLY trying to resist the joke here about how I feel like I get a colonoscopy every time I fill up the jeep... DOH!"

Hey Sarge, nothing to be sorry about, I just turned 50 this year, and my doctor said that i should have it done. I'm fixin to retire soon, so i figured why the hell not.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

"Vlad... REALLY sorry to hear about your colonoscopy... those things ain't fun... I'm also REALLY trying to resist the joke here about how I feel like I get a colonoscopy every time I fill up the jeep... DOH!"

Hey Sarge, nothing to be sorry about, I just turned 50 this year, and my doctor said that i should have it done. I'm fixin to retire soon, so i figured why the hell not.

Must be your first one... you'll find out soon enough why the hell not... it's not the scoping itself that's so bad... it's the prep. you have to go through for the last 24-48 hrs before the scope. My only suggestion is to keep some zinc oxide handy (otherwise known as diaper rash creme)... because you will be raw as a mother ------. Pardon my -'s.

bhammer

Ensign

Had mine checked two days ago, it was good, i don't remember the numbers.
I'm more worried about the colonoscopy coming up next week. :eek:

Hope they aint exploring for oil too. :D

My father jsut had his a month ago. He said it was nothin. He woke up and couldn't even tell they were there and they took care of a couple trouble spots while they were digging around.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Vlad,
Had my first at 45, a few years back. It's no big deal. As stated the prep is more of a PITA than the procedure. :eek:Had mine in the AM and was out boating that eve, and no there was no need for an extra seat cushion........:D:D:D