I swear I have a ghost on board!

traderdavel

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I go down to the dock yesterday - (haven't seen her in over a week due to bad weather), and I notice that my shorepower switch was OFF! I know I switched it on last time I tied up. Even worse is I have been powering my refrigerator off of one of the batteries. Not sure if I drained it all the way, (didn't have a tester, but gauge at the helm read 13V which I don't understand - thinking that if lights were left on in a car for a couple of days it would probably drain the battery), turned on the switch, (I hope!) and switched on the charger. Is it possible that it will charge it back to life?

Funny thing is this is the second time it has happened, and also in the past noticed that other things that are making me believe in the supernatural, (cabin lights on, when I thought was off, compass drained and NO fluid to be found anywhere).

If this is a ghost, I just wish he would fuel up!

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: I swear I have a ghost on board!

Call my sister she belives in those ghost:eek::D:D

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

Drinkin' on the boat again huh? :)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

all the more reason for a master power switch. is your shore power switch were other can reach it?

thenotsofreeboat

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I think I have one in the garage that takes 1/2 inch wrenches. I keep buying them but they are never there when I need them. Must be a cousin of the ghost that keeps taking the screwdrivers and needle nose pliers and leaving them in all kinds of places. Just this week I finally found my multimeter, tricky ghost left it inside of the center console.

traderdavel

Petty Officer 3rd Class

all the more reason for a master power switch. is your shore power switch were other can reach it?

I wish I could say 'Yes' - it's inside a locked cabin - from now on when I tell this story to my friends, I'll just blame my 6 year old son! ;)

Tom 47

Cadet

I though I had a ghost 2 years ago, my shore power switch would be off . It seems that the slip holder on the other side of the finger peir was turning mine off. He eventually managed to tick off the marina manager and got tossed out. My ghost and other problems left with him.

Hashi

Chief Petty Officer

Sounds more like "Gremlins" to me. Those pesky critters gets on my nerve and keep moving things around. Whenever I need a tool or something, I can never find them and when I don't need them, they magically appear.