"0" rings in impeller kit

hank141

Recruit
Could someone tell me where the three (3) rubber "0" rings are located in the impeller kit on a 1996 force engine? I bought a new impeller kit and it came with (3) 0 rings - but I could not find the old ones when I changed the impeller. Will it hurt not to have changed the old 0 rings when i put the new impeller in. Thanks

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: "0" rings in impeller kit

O rings??? What size? 1 might fit at the top of the drive shaft. If you didn't see any when you replaced don't worry.Jerry

Last edited:

hank141

Recruit

There were three - one was about 1/4 inch diameter, and two were about 7/8" to 1" diameter. Maybe this kit was for several different engines and the rubber "0" rings fit one of them. Thanks anyway for your input.

gazelle

Petty Officer 3rd Class

hank

I recently changed mine and had the same question. My thoughts althought they may not be correct. The O rings are for the are below the waterpump, not sure what this part is but looking at my book there appear to be some rings that are removed if you further disassemble the lower unit after replacing the impeller in the water pump below the plate. I did not use mine either (98 force) so either we will be ok and they are not needed for the impeller or we can repair our motors together if they are important.

hank141

Recruit

Thanks for the input - I thought maybe this kit also fit other engines, and the "0" rings were used if they were called for on another model. Thanks again Hank !