Are people THAT stupid..a simple garbage can, and RC Bin

Weldor

Seaman
Re: Are people THAT stupid..a simple garbage can, and RC Bin

But Scaaty,are they really that stupid?
Obviously,since they pay either direct or through their taxes,they can easily get away with putting their garbage totes in whatever way they please.If the garbage collector does not pick up their garbage,all they have to do is pick up the phone and complain.The garbage man will come back and he will pick up their garbage because if he does not, he will either loose his job or loose a customer.
Where I live,there is a lot of competition between garbage collecting companies.I don't have to take my tote to the side of the road.The garbage man comes to my house,picks up the can and returns it.

Don't know about where you are but around here it just ain't that simple. If you can't follow simple to the point instructions then its your problem. Not the guys thats out bust'n thier chops 10hrs a day pick'n up your refuse. So in short you can take the extra 2 seconds to do right or smell the stuff for another week. Oh and the phone call would only generate a huge laugh on the recieveing end, followed by "DUH" and more laughter.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

Where I live refuse removal is paid via residential water bills. As for the green truck guys carefully picking up your can, emptying it and then placing it back where it was, well ........ excuse me while I "fall out" from laughter ...... um .... no, they don't do that. Most of the time, however, you will find your can within a house or two of where you left it!

Twidget

Commander

We just haul the plastic bags out twice a week and the recycling bin out once. Works pretty well.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

Getting a little off subject...big letters on the cans.
"POINT TO STREET...3 foot seperation...(think I'm proving my point..?)..thats the thread gist of the bi$%h...read the original again...never mind...its the clueless that we have to live with, unable to put a simple garbage can out...just another reminder of our declining "intelligent"..society...aint blaming no one here..but.."they are among us"...

Well of course our intelligence is declining as a society. That's what happens when you don't let natural selection weed out the less than brilliant (and by that I mean dumber than a box of rocks).

What do you expect when as a society we pay people to be uneducated and unemployed, and then reward them for breeding by giving them even bigger checks depending upon how many kids they can pop out... and of course they get the money by penalizing the people who are smart enough to be educated and/or self-sufficiently employed with heavy taxation to the point that they can not afford to reproduce.

Then there's all the safety crap. Hey, if you're not smart enough to not stick your head under the mower while it's running, maybe, just maybe, you don't need to survive long enough to pass on those genes. No matter what they do... no matter how "safe" they make the world... our intelligence as a society will simply drop until just as many people get hurt or killed as they did before all the safety crap.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Do I sense some political criticism sneaking into this thread???

mscher

Lieutenant

What's with these people?

They think that just because they work 60 hour work weeks at stressful jobs, drag their sick kids to expensive doctors, burn $4 gas stuck in traffic, deal with endless family issues, pay huge taxes, remember endless passwords, worry about terrorists, etc., they don't have the sense to properly align their trash cans, when they drag them to the curb at 10:30 pm, before trash day.

Maybe the end IS near ;)

i386

Captain

In the city limits, the city garbage service picks up at the curb on scheduled days. Some areas have covenants that say no garbage at the curb. The city guys go behind those houses to get the cans, empty them, and replace them behind the house.

In the county, we can haul our own to the nearest "convenience center" or use a private pickup company. The private companies only pickup at the curb. They want the handle facing the street. I don't see any problems with that in my neighborhood.

I haul my recycled cardboard, plastic, glass and tin cans to the city recycling center when it fills up. I sell my aluminum cans.

There's been come talk lately about closing all the county convenience centers and doing mandatory county pickup. If you have land with a habitable dwelling on it, you must pay for the garbage service. I don't know if this is going to fly or not, but I don't like it.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

What's with these people?

They think that just because they work 60 hour work weeks at stressful jobs, drag their sick kids to expensive doctors, burn $4 gas stuck in traffic, deal with endless family issues, pay huge taxes, remember endless passwords, worry about terrorists, etc., they don't have the sense to properly align their trash cans, when they drag them to the curb at 10:30 pm, before trash day.

Maybe the end IS near ;)

Seriously, who really worries about terrorists? I mean, apart from those people whom's job it is... the only other people who worry about it, are the seriously paranoid people who should be locked in a white room with padded walls.

Speaking of white, don't even get me started about people who wear white after labor day!!! ;)

puddle jumper

Captain

Scatty i agree with you if people cant clue in that every other can on the street is put in a particular way. May be thay should do it too.

Up hear we just take our two cans to the curb and the guy dumps them by hand. Then the wind blows them down the street and around the corner.:(:)