Got teenagers....this is what we do with ours.

Kiwi Phil

Commander
We have a teenage....14yrs....he is a good kid all-round.....but just in case he considers changing, we have this on the fridge door.......and make it quite clear to him this is our opinion.
Worked real well so far.
Cheers
phillip

teenagers-1.jpg

WizeOne

Commander
Re: Got teenagers....this is what we do with ours.

Yep KP, a little tough love goes along way. Now if only the other 80% of parents would learn that!:rolleyes:

gstanton

Chief Petty Officer

Uhhh!!

Thats why I moved out.

Parents didn't stop me.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Love it Phil!!!
Both our kids are mid twenties, did fine and are on their own but I still find that poster hillarious! :D

Weldor

Seaman

Two thumbs up, I've 20 year old twins and a daughter 28 and thats purdy much the way we raised them.:cool:

Twidget

Commander

My Dad had a poster with that saying in his classroom when he was teaching.

He always told us...eighteen and out the door. I must be the dumb kid of the three, I left and didnt come back. One of my sisters is in her mid 40's and still has him supporting her.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

My Dad had a poster with that saying in his classroom when he was teaching.

He always told us...eighteen and out the door. I must be the dumb kid of the three, I left and didnt come back. One of my sisters is in her mid 40's and still has him supporting her.

I liked my parents' approach, they told me and my brother that unless we were going to a major university, that we'd better find a place to sleep on our 18th birthdays, because it wasn't going to be at home...

Worked pretty well, neither of us came back (other than the occasional visit, but not to live there).

Benny1963

Lieutenant

had child at 17 army at 18 never been back but not from lack of support from my family .the door at my parents was always open ,but you were taught to be man enough not to have to use it ,but received lots of help and advice
from my parents wish iwould have listened when they said one day when
im gone you will say ,mom and dad was right .they dont live forever .
bennyb

boatradioman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That is so true and funny. If he pisses you off just tell him to read the sign that will fix all problems without a hammer or screw diver.