Need a New HeatExchanger

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Well.......I don't see the problem other than my heat exchanger doesn't hold pressure so, I need a new one.

Any suggestions on where to purchase one online?

WizeOne

Commander
Re: Need a New HeatExchanger

Can you identify the brand you have? Probably be best to stick with it so you can reuse the outer housing and all the original brackets, etc. Otherwise you might be up for paying for a whole new setup. Also you should examine the end caps. The seal might be your only problem.

I would think you should be able to get a new inner element. Have you tried a radiator shop?

FreeBeeTony

Captain

Don't know if it's a Mercruiser unit or not.

the leak is internal........not at the end caps.

Going to bring it to a radiator shop this afternoon..........don't know if it can be repaired.........that's why I am looking for suggestions on where to buy a new one.

Any opinions on Seakamp?

JoChek219

Petty Officer 2nd Class

what motor is this off of? is it a 3.7 or different... if its a 3.7 there is a website totally about the 3.7s the company is somewhere out of FL not sure of the website though I'm sure someone here could tell you if you do indeed have a 3.7

FreeBeeTony

Captain

Dropped it off at a radiator repair shop.............the guy seemed familiar with fixing these. He recognized the manufacturer right away........Sendure. He is going to give me an estimate later today..........will see if it pays to fix or replace it.