Doral 190 2000, Horn/Radio not working??

plmskier

Seaman Apprentice
Anyone have any suggestions? Under the steering wheel looks like some type of gfi push button breaker/fuse. Can't figure it out.

Paul

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Doral 190 2000, Horn/Radio not working??

Anyone have any suggestions? Under the steering wheel looks like some type of gfi push button breaker/fuse. Can't figure it out.

Paul

Photo would help. Close up and general.

plmskier

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the post....actually figured out the problem. Prior owner installed another power lead to the battery. I hoooked it up and it was all set.

Thanks again,

Paul

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Thanks for the post....actually figured out the problem. Prior owner installed another power lead to the battery. I hoooked it up and it was all set.

Thanks again,

Paul

Glad all is well. Enjoy your boat and to heck with the price of gas !!!! That is my opinion anyway !!!!!

plmskier

Seaman Apprentice

I hear ya on the gas! Lot of floating I guess! lol

SOOOOOOO another question. Everything in the boat works fine. Next to that additional wire for horn/radio I found another wire attached to a 10 amp fuse which says bildge (looks like it should be hooked up to the pos on the batt). Currently it is not hooked up and the bildge works. Is that power cord for the auto bildge?? I think it is, not so sure. Just thought it was weird everything worked but it was not connected.

Paul

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I hear ya on the gas! Lot of floating I guess! lol

SOOOOOOO another question. Everything in the boat works fine. Next to that additional wire for horn/radio I found another wire attached to a 10 amp fuse which says bildge (looks like it should be hooked up to the pos on the batt). Currently it is not hooked up and the bildge works. Is that power cord for the auto bildge?? I think it is, not so sure. Just thought it was weird everything worked but it was not connected.

Paul

Does the bilge pump work manually only ???
Tryfilling and see if it kicks in automatic. If not then that is most likely the connection for the auto side of the pump and should connect to the float.
Hope this helps. Let me know.

plmskier

Seaman Apprentice

Yes you are absolutely right! The manual bilge works, not the auto/float.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Took her out over the weekend and found that the Speedo was not working. I know the dealer removed the lower unit for maintenance. I talked with them, looks like the forgot to hook up the speed tube that connects to the lower unit. I found the tube, hooked it up, but have not tried it out on the water yet...soon I hope!

Always something first time in the season lol

Paul

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Yes you are absolutely right! The manual bilge works, not the auto/float.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Took her out over the weekend and found that the Speedo was not working. I know the dealer removed the lower unit for maintenance. I talked with them, looks like the forgot to hook up the speed tube that connects to the lower unit. I found the tube, hooked it up, but have not tried it out on the water yet...soon I hope!

Always something first time in the season lol

Paul

Glad you found the problem. Regarding your speedo ???? I dont see how removing the lower unit would stop the speedo working ??? Is the unit not at the side with a tube coming from it ???? on the stern lower ??
If so, is the tube connected and / or is it in the correct position (should be in the all the way rearward position)

PhatboyC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Some mercs has the speedo tube connected to the sterndrive. One less thing hanging at the back which I like.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Did not know that. Thanks for educating me.

PhatboyC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oh and this was on a B3 sterndrive.

plmskier

Seaman Apprentice

Hi,

Thanks guys, found the problem. On the back of the lower unit, there was a hose that was detached, I put the hose back on. I'll have to test it out tonight if I get a chance!

As always...thanks for the help!

Paul

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Let us all know how you make out.