Post Guide On's

gregmsr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Anyone have any pictures of how to mount these posts to the frame? My frame is so far under the boat, the guide on's will not adjust out far enough.
I need 25" out to the rub rail from the frame.

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral
Re: Post Guide On's

I made/installed a pair today on the Texas Maid project. Used PVC pipe and U-bolted it to the trailer frame, posts 50 inches high...A big square U. Cost about $30, including new PVC cleaner/glue.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

you are going to have to go custom, which type did you buy? you can use 2 inch pvc, or 2 inch galvanized pipe, for the base. the put a piece of pvc over the pipe.

gregmsr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yea, gotta go custom. Hoped I can see some pictures of other custom jobs, to give me some ideas.

gregmsr

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's my hang up right now. How to mount to a 3" frame. U-bolts, plates etc.

I think I bought (and returned) Shipshape brand, 40".

gregmsr

Petty Officer 1st Class

I made/installed a pair today on the Texas Maid project. Used PVC pipe and U-bolted it to the trailer frame, posts 50 inches high...A big square U. Cost about $30, including new PVC cleaner/glue.

Got any pictures you would share of the install?

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

I'll post a pix here later. Very simple process, didn't take long.

JAL51974

Chief Petty Officer

I used a piece of metal "channel" used by plumbers to hang pipes and u-bolted that to the frame at a sufficient length so the vertical metal pipe was about 2 in. from the rubrail. The vertical metal was something I picked up out of the trash at work and already had an L shape bend at one end. The pvc slips over the vertical pipe and you are done. I already had the pvc laying around at home so the whole thing cost me almost nothing. Put a cap on the top of the pvc but drill a hole in it so air or water pressure can escape.
Don't know if I have a pic anymore but I will check later.
Joe

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

here you go, can be either pvc or galvanized. http://www.championtrailers.com/spring accessories.htm#u_bolt_kit

guideonplan001.jpg

gregmsr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good deal. So, PVC pipe all the way across from side to side. Then, 2 elbows and 2 sections about 50" tall. 4 u-bolts.
Thanks for the ideas guys.