Trolling motor on a bow rider

ralphy670

Petty Officer 1st Class
Has anyone installed a trolling motor on a bow rider. If so, how hard was it to mount?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Trolling motor on a bow rider

depends on if you have a rail you want to keep.

ck85abc3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I installed a Minn Kota with the quick release plate on my 1984 16' bayliner capri. It was easy. I had to shim it up with a few washer though.

malfar

Seaman Apprentice

I'm in the process putting a 55 lb V2 on my 17 foot Starcraft fiberglass - time consuming job. Using a Minn Kota removeable base, I have bought a piece of 1 1/4 inch pvc dowel at the plastic fabricator and making round shims for mounting the puck on and will bolt thru them into the hull. The PVC cuts easily and shapes well using my dremel, but it takes time to shape to the contours of the hull. The longest shims will be about 2 1/2 inches long. Cutting rubber gasket to go between each leg and the hull. then have to pry the front cushion back of the inside of the hull and cut a hole behind it to get into the space beteeen the hull and inner liner. Then will make wedged shaped fillers out of oak as backer boards to give me a flat surfact to snug the nuts up against and to further spread the force on the hull. Once I get all this done I'll put the cushion back in place using Velcro. Hope to get up the courage to drill the holes in the hull this weekend