Smart Tabs on Tahoe Q4 F/S

handman64

Cadet
I've seen several post where people were going to install Smart Tabs on a Tahoe Q4, but haven't seen any results yet. If you've completed this, can you provide an update- also provide any modifications you had to make to allow for install/work properly.
Thanks

ralphy670

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Smart Tabs on Tahoe Q4 F/S

I've seen several post where people were going to install Smart Tabs on a Tahoe Q4, but haven't seen any results yet. If you've completed this, can you provide an update- also provide any modifications you had to make to allow for install/work properly.
Thanks

I received my SX tabs a couple weeks back. You will have to relocate the tie downs and possibly trim the 2 bunks on the trailer to get them to mount properly. The Q4 hull is definitly unique at the transom. I need to put my boat in the water so I can trim the 2 bunks. There is about 5 inches extra after the transom right where the tabs need to go.
Once the ice gets off the lake:( I will be mounting them. Yes, there is still ice even in the marinas. Im depressed about the whole situation. You may be able to mount them without trimming the bunks on your particular trailer. It all depends on how they put them on at the factory.
As soon as I get them on Ill send ya pics.