Gas Cap

zibzer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1987 Peterborough boat and I dropped the gas cap in the water:mad: and now it sleeps with the fishies. I went to get a replacement and all the caps i could find were around 1" - 1 1/2" in diameter. My cap is 2". SO i thought id buy a whole new fill assembly and it is much to small to fit where my existing holes are for the gas fill plate.

My question is, des anyone kow where i can get either a gas cap assembly (3 bolt holes, that are 2 3/8" apart) or a 2" gas cap that seems to have 4 threads for 1/2in?

thanks for any help!

woosterken

Lieutenant
Re: Gas Cap

try laniermarine.net they are a salvage yard for boats

hope this helps
woosterken

AguaSki

Chief Petty Officer

I don't have any suggestions on where to find your replacement gas cap, but when you do find something, be sure that it has a small stainless chain attached to the cap. If the chain is attached, you will never loose the gas cap again.

Bondo

Staff member

Nope thats not it but you pointed me in the right direction. I checked out the Attwood website and they have my exact cap/fill assembly. now i just need to figure out how to buy one and im all set!

Ayuh,...... Try Defender Industries, in New Rochelle Ny..... They have a Website.....
And,.....
Hamilton Marine in Searsport Me,.....