My boat picture

Well I couldn't find the show your boat thread quickly enough for me so I'll start my own & increase my post count.
04220812111fu0.jpg

1976 Larson 18 ft. trihull w/140 hp Johnson.
Still working out the bugs in it since I just put on this outboard (it had a 65hp). Now it's taking on water that it didn't do last season:mad:

ebry710

Ensign
Re: My boat picture

Well I couldn't find the show your boat thread quickly enough for me so I'll start my own & increase my post count.
Still working out the bugs in it since I just put on this outboard (it had a 65hp). Now it's taking on water that it didn't do last season:mad:

I bet a trihull with a 140 hp Johnson moves. What fun?

It looks like my Marlin on steroids.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That blue stripe in my neck of the woods would have everyone on their best behavior when you're around.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

did you used 3m 4200 to seal the mounting bolts on the new motor. check the drain plug for leakage.

did you used 3m 4200 to seal the mounting bolts on the new motor. check the drain plug for leakage.

Well I put silicone on the bolts & in the bolt holes & around them when tightened. The drain plug seams tight enough. What problem I have noticed is under full throttle the engine dies after a minute or two (Possible lean fuel) and the waves from the water catches up and pours over the lowest section of the transom, that is the only thing I can come up with that so much water is in the boat, it was a LOT of water yesterday.

That blue stripe in my neck of the woods would have everyone on their best behavior when you're around.

Yea, I was asked to "remove the name of the boat right away, please"
It was called "code blue". The lake patrol boat has a gray stripe, and we have a small fire boat on the lake also, so i removed it, I want to paint flames on it along the water line, also thought a sharks mouth like the old fighter planes had would be cool especially when the bow rises up.

I bet a trihull with a 140 hp Johnson moves. What fun?

It looks like my Marlin on steroids.

Compared to the old 65hp yea, it moves, right now it's "scary fast" I was turning with it under power and the rear end felt like it was comming around sideways.

PondTunes

Petty Officer 1st Class

WOW from 65hp to 140 i bet thats a HUGE difference in feel.... Is that boat rated for that much hp? Maybe the additional weight of the 140 horse engine is causing your washover issues!

*edit* very slick looking boat btw :)

WOW from 65hp to 140 i bet thats a HUGE difference in feel.... Is that boat rated for that much hp? Maybe the additional weight of the 140 horse engine is causing your washover issues!

*edit* very slick looking boat btw :)

Yea, it's rated for 170hp. I also reinforced the transom for the new engine.

pjrogers

Seaman Apprentice

OK, I'll display my ignorance of boating history: in 1976 did anyone make a 170hp outboard that could have been bolted to B.D.R.'s Larson? And as for the water in the boat problem, an easy diagnostic method is to put the boat on its trailer and use a hose to fill the bilge with water. Where the water comes out is where it's getting in. Concur with the 'slick looking' comments. Does it have a panel to block the wind below the middle windshield?

OK, I'll display my ignorance of boating history: in 1976 did anyone make a 170hp outboard that could have been bolted to B.D.R.'s Larson? And as for the water in the boat problem, an easy diagnostic method is to put the boat on its trailer and use a hose to fill the bilge with water. Where the water comes out is where it's getting in. Concur with the 'slick looking' comments. Does it have a panel to block the wind below the middle windshield?

Thanks for the idea on using the hose, it doesn't have a panel below the windshield I wish it did though.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Considering how much power you've got, I doubt it has any planing issues. You should try her without the hydrofoil just to see if she is any less "scary" . . . ;)

Mr. Rogers, You could get V6 235s back then . . .