Trim tabs are on. Need windless

ronj

Seaman
Lenco trim tabs installed in about 4 1/2 hrs. Want to install a windless.I have read a few posts where some of you with1802 Wa`s were going to install one over winter. Did you ? Did anyone use a Quick 600-7. Any problems.
Thanks

Monterey10

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Trim tabs are on. Need windless

Just be aware that many windlass' feed the anchor rode straight down, below decks. You need to have an anchor line locker below the windlass. Check the company for install manuals and see what is required before spending the big bucks.

LukeB

Cadet

I put a windlass on my 1802 and I love it. The locker in the bow of the 1802 can hold 200 feet of half inch rope. I want to put trim tabs on so email the pics of the trim tabs and i send you some of the windlass install..
Luke

tomysel

Seaman Apprentice

LukeB do you have any pics of your set up... I just ordered a windlass for my 2102 and would like to see how and where you ran the wires to the anchor locker...

LukeB

Cadet

The power wires were ran by pushing them through the big wire tube that runs down the starboard side of your boat from the helm to the battery door. I'll try to get some pics here in a couple days.
Luke