Wife canceled this evenings cruise

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral
I spent the whole day washing the boat (inside and out), reinstalling the battery, test running the engine, check fluids, etc. I washed up all the life vests, cleaned out the cooler, packed food and beverages. I even tested out the radio and made sure I could drink a beer while lounging on the swim step (that part works great). I have the boat all hooked up to the truck, checked all the lights (they all work). Tightened the lug nuts, aired up the tires. I even hooked up the head and put the plug in! On top of it all, I got a sunburn. I was ready to pull out of the driveway (don't worry- the beer was at lunch and it really was only 1) and my wife said she is "too stressed out" to go. WTF?! Isn't that what the boat is for- relieving stress?

My son is crying, I want to cry, and I am sure my wife has no idea why this is such a big deal. All those years of being a good wife and she throws it all away....

[/rant]

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: Wife canceled this evenings cruise

Thats a bummer RF! Would she kill you if you and your son went without her?

Or you could do a little sucking up to her...it might work ;)

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

I seriously considered it, but going solo on a 25' cuddy with a 3 year old just didn't sound like a wise idea.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I would sit down with my son (with mom in ear shot) and explain to him that since mom won't be there to help, you need to take her place in helping.

Make it sound like it is really going to be tough doing this with the two of you. ( I know it would be :D ) Maybe even hint about her going to be more stressed being worried about you two on the boat. Just bluff until you get her to budge......Good Luck Frog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hopefully mine will be in next weekend. This weekend is get the dock prepared with the pads and dock locker. I'll have my mooring lines all set. Then that is where it will sit until Sober October :D.

oceansoul63

Seaman

Well, I totally would have gone by myself, then.

This may be why I'm not married.

:D

eeboater

Commander

Sounds like you did all the work!!!

What does she have to be stressed about?!

I feel your pain... been in your shoes before..

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i'm stressing, i've only go one running boat, sold one, sold a motor, sold the PWC, all this week, and bought a motor for one today, but have to wait on shipping.

Jerico

Petty Officer 1st Class

My wife told me yesterday, 'yea I know it was cold last weekend, but if you hadn't been a slug we'd be headed for the lake Friday after work'... Tomorrow, change the oil, full tuneup, put the lower unit back on... If everything goes well maybe Sunday...

aspeck

Staff member

So, did you go anyway, or did you have to stay home on this beautiful evening? I had to stay home - son's b-day dinner with guests, so had to stay with the fam ... misery loves company!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Oh, Oh, Oh, I'll go! I'll go! :D :D :D

Last year I took my 3yr old son and 7 year old daughter out by myself in our 16' cuddy on the bay. Most of the time they were in the cuddy. The rest of the time they were sitting on the seat next to me. I didn't let them get behind me, and they followed the rules.

But everyone and their kids are different. I knew where I was going, and had the marine radio if we had problems, and I felt confident in my abilities and knowledge of the boat and we all wore our PFD's. The kids have been out on the boats since they were infants, so it was not a new exciting experience, they were out for a familiar fun experience and knew how to behave.

So its really a personal preference call. Do what feels right for you.

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

Id say............ Dear, I will see you when I get back on land, I will get the kid and yourself out of her hair so she can "destress" and hit the road.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

SSDD went out for what was suppose to be an evening of good friends and live local music. Well the Mrs. was a stick in the mud all evening:confused::confused: so we left after 3 songs:mad:. To to it off it was HER idea. BTW if it was a boat trip, I'd still be out:D:D

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That is one reason why I have a boat I can singlehand.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

I didn't go out.

As much as I'd like to be the Master Sailor, I'm just not comfortable taking a 3 year old out on a boat this big without another adult. I've taken the boat out on my own plenty of times, but I could never relax if I were worried. I'm not passing judgement on others, it's just my comfort level.

My wife attempted reparations by bbq'ing burgers and corn. It was nice on the patio with the warm air and the full moon. Perfect night for boating!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I respect your decesion RF. For those that don't have a boat over 24', it is a different animal when it comes to the launch ramp follies. Mine is 27.5 foot and it is a beast to get loaded WITH help. Wind, current, and the obivious large line at the ramp waiting their turn. That is why I dunk it in the spring and pull out in the fall. Plus just towing the monster can be nerve racking.

BTW,,,,,Guess mine WON"T be in the water until maybe a couple of more weeks. The steering cable to the bridge has frozen up solid. After all the trim and panels that I had off and resealed,,,,,has to be removed to get the cable out for a proper measurement. I just knew things were going too smooooooth,,,,,,,especially without the complaining from the better half. Now she is back to referring the boat as the money pit again :D.........SS

brandonsb22

Seaman

I know exactly how you feel. WHEN my wife wants to go out, we are out for about 2 or 3 hours and then she is ready to go. I think they are jealous of our floating women!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I know exactly how you feel. WHEN my wife wants to go out, we are out for about 2 or 3 hours and then she is ready to go. I think they are jealous of our floating women!

Naw, they don't have very large bladders and are more comfy using a real restroom :D

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

I would like a "floating woman" with lots of curves and double dee's! (dual duoprops of course) :D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Doubble Dee's.........................er.................................a.........................DP's................. every mans dream.............;):D:D