86 Mercruiser Exhast manifold-carb?s

I have owned a 86 Sea-Ray seville for the last three years. Previosly had one owner who took great care of it. Last year when doing the winterization I noticed a small ehaust leak where the exhaust manifold bolts to the block. The engine is a 3.7L 170hp 4cyl. Here are my questions?
1.) Should I replace exhast manifold gasket asap?
2.) Is it a difficult job? I used to take apart my cars as a kid however cars these days I only change oil & filters.
3.) Any advice or tricks to doing this job?

On another note the previous owner changed the impellar roughly 5years ago should I replace again while I have part of the motor stripped down?

This boat has been very dependable I have changed the accellaretor pump in the carb, plugs, wire, points, etc. Still hesitates at times but I figure its age it has a right should I spend the money to replace the cab?

New to posting on forum but have been reading it for a year.

rndn

Commander
Re: 86 Mercruiser Exhast manifold-carb?s

Welcome to the forum. Where do you boat on the Erie canal? Change the impeller even if you donT do anything else.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

By all means change the impeller, but that is in the drive, not the engine....;)
You need Merc manual #6 for that.....
The exhaust should be dealt with before it gets worse, you should be able to pull the riser for acess....
On that model I believe that you are supposed to apply sillycone in the ares of the water shutter, perhaps that is the cause of the leak.....
You might think about getting a manual for your engine, not sure which that one is#7 I think.....
Welcome to iboats, btw......:)

Thanks for the info and online manuals link. This is a great site didn't expect such a quick response.
I boat along the eirie calnal btween Onieda lake & Cross lake as I launch from B'ville,NY.