Titles,boat-motor-trailer ?

Chase53

Recruit
When purchasing a used boat are there titles for all boat-motor-trailer to a rig? what is to be signed and taken to motor vehicles for transfer?
Can anyone answer these ?s

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: Titles,boat-motor-trailer ?

When purchasing a used boat are there titles for all boat-motor-trailer to a rig? what is to be signed and taken to motor vehicles for transfer?
Can anyone answer these ?s

It depends on the state. They are all different.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

In Ky. Your boat title has the engine serial number on it also.
Trailer is separate title.
Although not needed in the state of Ky.

mrmushroomman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I know that you have to have a BTR form which is a BOAT TRANSFER OF TITLE which has to be filled out by the seller and buyer in KY. They told me that i would fill out a NHU form which is a NON HIGHWAY USAGE tax form when i got to the county clerk. They said i would pay title transfer fees of $17.00 per title and registration fees of $30.00.

ocb_dave_ocb

Petty Officer 3rd Class

In TN you don't have to even register the trailer according to the county clerk in campbell co. They said as long as it doesn't go outside the state your good.. But if you plan on taking it out of the state you have to register and tag it, I think it was < $90 but its a permanent License.

mrmushroomman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We don't have to register trailer either in KY but, i would still like to have a title for the trailer. I'm going today to do my paperwork and registration. Now if only we had warm wheather to be able to get out on the water i would be set. I think it will be awhile, considering we just recieved 13 inches of snow over the weekend.

In Texas everything has to be registered. In California just the boat and trailer. You should check with the state DMV though.