Stringer Pushing through bottom of Boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Stringer Pushing through bottom of Boat?

One more point ... I have read all the posts about getting the insurance involved in this as if they are going to solve the problem. They will solve the problem said:
Thats right! The insurance Co is only looking after their own ASSets!

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

ya know.......

my ol beast is a 69 searay...tank rides in the bow..its a big one.......just sits there.......

the deck was rotten.....that thing never moved.....an inch......

drew mitch and erik have the same setup.......

wadda ya think guys?

thats right my tank was in the bow and i think was a 18 gal or maybee more but 2 seasons ago i ran it without any tie downs at all. It just sat there on the hull and didnt move really. I was crazy with that boat through tough wake and waves and thats why i love the boat so much and most likely why oops is extending his hull cause that design is so great. Anyways i think that my gas tank was shaped so that it kinda leaned back a bit and the fuel sender and the tube that went to the bottom was at the back of the tank. I think that is why it didnt move. If that tank was about mid boat and just flat and unsupported i could see it flopping around and smacking stuff under the deck and knicking other things loose and causing serious problems. Anyways watch the insurance Co as well as i said before they dont care bout you they just dont want to pay. Like i said they are covering their own ASSets!

TheWoodCrafter

Chief Petty Officer

I guess I don't understand what the insurance company will do for you. Isn't the insurance for an accident? Like if your boat falls off the trailer going down the freeway or you run into another boat out on the lake. Things on the boat are not insured against breakage. Like if the gas tank straps break. Not covered. I could see insurance being for the lien holder but you paid cash, right?
So how can the insurance company help at all?

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

IMO .. if you have a rapport established with your insurance company, they may oversee or insist on a new boat from Tracker and battle on your behalf. They may want a second opinion from a non biased surveyor if Tracker says they can fix this. The owners Ins co. could ultimately pay dearly later if god forbid the boat failed on the water due to poor repairs and this time someone was injured or the boat sunk.

beauff

Seaman Apprentice

I think that I would be demanding by now.

cbavier

Lieutenant

I guess I don't understand what the insurance company will do for you. Isn't the insurance for an accident? Like if your boat falls off the trailer going down the freeway or you run into another boat out on the lake. Things on the boat are not insured against breakage. Like if the gas tank straps break. Not covered. I could see insurance being for the lien holder but you paid cash, right?

My Insurance covers ANYTHING that happens to my boat, sinking, grounding and including Uninsured boaters. It also covers yours or your property if it should get in my way.:D

baineyg

Seaman

Come on Surveyor report...
My insurance covers the hull, that's why I filed through them. Tracker is now waiting on what the report says. Fixable or not. I'll wait to see what is says before I spend $400 on my own report.
I'm not sure of who did the report but BPS says he is doing a "big report" and the guy is well known throughout the west coast. I'll post it once I get it.
Oh yeah, It's been 4 weeks now and Tracker hasn't had a reponse. Wonder what would have happened if I didn't file a claim. I bet nothing.

Coors

Captain

My insurance (only $8000 for a '88) ; $300 a year covers everything except wear and tear, and maintenance.

cbavier

Lieutenant

My insurance (only $8000 for a '88) ; $300 a year covers everything except wear and tear, and maintenance.

Mine covers everything too ( $132 a year $5450 for an 86) covers everything except wear and tear, and maintenance. Including $250 in Fishing Equipment, Poles & Tackle. Two Fish Finders are included in the value of the Boat as they are Mounted permanent.

TheWoodCrafter

Chief Petty Officer

So Bainey,
The Big Report, who is doing that? Your insurance company?
Who hired the guy doing the Big Report? Someone Tracker hired?
Or BPS hired? Who is the guy? He's a licensed marine surveyor?
I must have missed something even though I read this thread everyday.
Big Report sounds good though.

Coors

Captain

Mine covers everything too ( $132 a year $5450 for an 86) covers everything except wear and tear, and maintenance. Including $250 in Fishing Equipment, Poles & Tackle. Two Fish Finders are included in the value of the Boat as they are Mounted permanent.

I need that!

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

If someone were to try to tell me as the owner of this boat that a loose fuel tank caused damage way up in the bow, where the tank isn't located, I would ask them how the fuel lines, which are surely still attached, managed to stay in place. There is also no way a tank could be banging around to the degree neccessary to do such damage, without the operator both hearing and feeling the bashing that would have to be going on.

As I stated days ago, I think you can expect Tahoe to try to sell you a new boat at current prices, while taking this boat in trade. If you accept that deal you will take a beating financially, which is why I think its time to start shopping attorneys. If you don't end up nedding them, no harm done. If you do, and you have picked one out, you can get this resolved as quickly as possible.

As always, I wish you the best in this.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

baineyg;1612513It's been 4 weeks now and Tracker hasn't had a reponse. Wonder what would have happened if I didn't file a claim. I bet nothing.[/QUOTE said:
bainey.......give the mannufacturer and the dealer till tuesday....no more...!

then get the survey and the lawyer by wednesday.....your being batted back and fourth like a ping pong ball.....the mann will say its the dealers fault and the dealers will say the oppisite... no one wants to pay...!!!

the lawyer is gonna order one any how....if you make the call its free..(to the surveyor).....if he makes the call (the lawyer) its a $100 phone call....

you will suprized to see how fast things move when a lawyer calls the manufacturer AND the dealer and asks........"what is your address for service"?

millwood

Cadet

I have been following this thread for a long time, and am going to chime in here. I know that you said it was $400, but for me the peace of mind knowing that I am either going to force them into doing the right thing or build my case against them for court would be worth the $400. They have been stalling all along if they are now waiting on your insurance company inspector to call the shots. You can bet that unless your insurance hired a marine surveyor to inspect the damage (probably not) or you are very good friends with the insurance agent who represents you (and is willing to do the right thing) that tracker or bps had their guys right there with them giving their 2 cents the entire time the inspection was occurring. Chances are they now realize the problem is on their end, but they conveyed the inspector that they could fix this problem easy........bandaid. Get the surveyor and start getting in touch with lawyers. Any leg work you do is at your cost, not at the cost of an attorney. They charge from the moment you start talking.

wems

Seaman Apprentice

wow this is very interesting, and I will never buy or touch a tahoe boat.
and id say go on and get the surveyor the sooner you get your surveyor and lawyer the sooner you will be back on the water with your family and friend.

From reading this long going thread I know one thing for sure. It may cost the boat owner some money but it will COST THE BOAT MAKER A THOUSAND TIMES MORE,,,,,,,if they dont man up , treat him 100% fair and square and do it quick!..........gez man the weather is starting to warm up and he doesnt need to be without his boat,times a wastin

silveraire

Petty Officer 1st Class

I agree on not buying a tahoe. The sad thing is, it's the run around that they are giving. Any boat company can have a lemon, but you don't treat a customer like this.

chad

Robj

Lieutenant

I agree on not buying a tahoe. The sad thing is, it's the run around that they are giving. Any boat company can have a lemon, but you don't treat a customer like this.

chad

I totally agree!! Get your hands on the insurance co's survey and see what it says. Do you have any buddies who are engineers? An engineers report would also help your case.

Good luck

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.