Buying used PWC-What to check out.

nightstalker

Chief Petty Officer
I'm looking to buy a used PWC but know very little about what to look for. I did a search but didn't really come up with much. What things should I be checking out besides a compression test, sea trial, etc? Any advise would be appreciated.
Nightstalker

nightstalker

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Buying used PWC-What to check out.

Just began looking around. Don't have anything in mind yet other than the fact that I want to buy two used sit down models on a dual trailer.
Nightstalker

jjtor

Recruit

Look for corrosion, an indication that it has seen salt water and was not properly flushed. look for oil in the bilge area or rather lack of oil or fuel residue. Look at the impeller for dents, a sign that it has sucked up some rocks. This can bend the shaft and cause cavitation on acceleration. Then try to find the color you like most :)

Just began looking around. Don't have anything in mind yet other than the fact that I want to buy two used sit down models on a dual trailer.
Nightstalker

just for thought, a 2 person ski, is a stable 1 person ski. 3 seater, stability for two. go to http://www.pwctoday.com they have a thread in the forums for what to look for in a used pwc. also great sight for info regarding maintaince, winterizing, and repair.

James

Dryon

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Take a look at this list.

Attachments

• Document.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 0

dpatterson

Cadet

I would also suggest a light tug on the wires coming out of the ignition box.
Take it from my past exp. these things are not sealed that well and if just a bit of water in there mixes with the electricity you asking for a head ache.

Some people ride their ski's hard and rolling them. I've never rolled my ski's once but yet since the boxes were't totaly sealed from the factory I'm dealing with an ignition box that is useless and I'm not a genius to figure out how to get it working without just buying a new one.