Where did everyone go to for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
I have a bunch of political questions that I know would get locked here and get me in trouble so I was wondering where everyone that used to debate endlessly at IB now go to where these things can be discussed.......I hope this thread isnt taken as me stiring up trouble but I learned alot from both sides here and I trust a good many peoples opinion here and would like to hear some of those opinions again on some of the questions i have. MODs if this thread is not keeping in the rules please lock or zap and for everyone else if posting links to other sites is wrong please pm them to me :)

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Re: Where did everyone go to for?

Lots here vent over at thehulltruth

QC

Supreme Mariner

I was going to join a debate site, but haven't done anything yet.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

If people would respond with respect in their posts as if they were talking to their mom or a child, this place wouldn't be like it is now. I too feel like I'm in the dark without personal takes of others on issues. I have very little time to spend posting anymore, so joining other sites is out of the question for me. Guess I'll be a mushroom and listen to the TV crap and try to make my own conclusions........just hope they are the right ones.,,,,,,,,,,,,SS

newbie4life

Chief Petty Officer

You don't even have to say anything political here, and your post will be edited/deleted. Just make mention of ANYTHING that was in the news, and it's bound to be locked.

I think that human nature is to have feelings toward/against certain subjects -- the love of debate. For young, it gets them in the know... the don't want to look stupid (word that will probably be deleted), so they'll read up on the subject. For old, it keeps our minds from turning to mush.

I think if you look at the politcal world (Democrat/Republican -- uh, oh, I said them... the post is in the toilet.), it's really no different than Johnson/Mercury/Suzuki,etc. or Chevrolet/Ford/Dodge, or I/O vs Inboard vs Outboard.

SS Mayfloat -- I agree with you about respect. It's a thing of the past. Take a drive out on the lake.... It's all about 'Me first', or 'I think I can make it by them without puttin' 'em in the drink.'

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

While I enjoy a spirited debate as much as the next guy, the simple fact is that this is a boating forum and a business and the site has to be conducted as such. Mods are not babysitters. Healthy discussions involving the big 3 (politics, religion, government) inevitably deteriorate. This has been proven here, time and time again. And again. And again. It got old for everyone, esp. the management. There are literally thousands of other forums where you can do just about anything you can think of. If you want to have heated political discussions, find one and join it. They are designed for those purposes. If you want to talk about boating - well, now you're in the right spot!

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I understand the controversy that happened here and respect the rules, its just that there are many who posted here that I feel were wise in the ways of the world and their opinions would be helpful in me shaping mine. I have learned much more about life at this forum then I have boating. My boat was a simple little thing that never really had any problems ( The first time I came here my only question was was I getting it for a good price and was it a decent boat) I bought the boat and stayed because of the people. There are many here who I would call friends. Some who may not be friends but that I hold in high respect, so with that being said, This was the purpose of this thread.....to find out where I could soak in some of that wisdom about some subjects that we cant talk about here.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

http://tnfreebird.proboards75.com/index.cgi?board=board4'
Here's one....
The hull truth would be another.....;)

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I understand the controversy that happened here and respect the rules, its just that there are many who posted here that I feel were wise in the ways of the world and their opinions would be helpful in me shaping mine. I have learned much more about life at this forum then I have boating. My boat was a simple little thing that never really had any problems ( The first time I came here my only question was was I getting it for a good price and was it a decent boat) I bought the boat and stayed because of the people. There are many here who I would call friends. Some who may not be friends but that I hold in high respect, so with that being said, This was the purpose of this thread.....to find out where I could soak in some of that wisdom about some subjects that we cant talk about here.

Amen brother, amen. You said what I've felt now for a longgggggg time.

Hoss the Hermit

Chief Petty Officer

You don't even have to say anything political here, and your post will be edited/deleted. Just make mention of ANYTHING that was in the news, and it's bound to be locked.

I think that human nature is to have feelings toward/against certain subjects -- the love of debate. For young, it gets them in the know... the don't want to look stupid (word that will probably be deleted), so they'll read up on the subject. For old, it keeps our minds from turning to mush.

I think if you look at the politcal world (Democrat/Republican -- uh, oh, I said them... the post is in the toilet.), it's really no different than Johnson/Mercury/Suzuki,etc. or Chevrolet/Ford/Dodge, or I/O vs Inboard vs Outboard.

SS Mayfloat -- I agree with you about respect. It's a thing of the past. Take a drive out on the lake.... It's all about 'Me first', or 'I think I can make it by them without puttin' 'em in the drink.'
I find this to be true unless your expressed opinions agree with the opinions of the mods. If the mods agree with you, you can rant all you want. That, however, is their right and privilege, since they are the ones getting paid by the people that foot the bill for the forum. The first amendment to the constitution only guarantees the right of free speech if you have enough money to pay for it

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

the Mods are volunteers, and receive no compensation for doing this job.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Freedom of speech is not your right on this forum. If you want to stand out in the middle of the street and complain about things, then that is freedom of speech.
If you want a free speech forum, then start and pay for one yourself.
That is all there is to that.

If any of you want to do your normal political bashing and crashing, hit Google, or some of the places mentioned above.

But, it's NOT going to happen here at iboats.
Read the Rules forum!
If you still have questions about right and wrong, don't hesitate to ask.

Oh, BTW........ That's the sound of a lock you hear ........ CLICK!

Status
Not open for further replies.