Question About trolling motors

coonhound

Recruit
I am looking into buying a trolling motor for my open bow 19 foot Glastron. I am just a rec fisherman and not looking to spend a ton of money on a trolling motor. Also am looking for something that is easy to remove and not have a huge bracket left on the boat. Any suggestions would be great
Thanks

Re: Question About trolling motors

well ther are a few things you can do... If you do not want a bow mounted trolling motor its best to go with the removeable (clamp on) motors... YOu can find them for good prices.. now the only issue is that they tend to be weaker but if your are just a rec fisherman you do not need a 100lbs thrust motor... you can get about a 50 lbs thrust for a good price.. check ebay and craigs list... cna find some good deals there. But in all honest for fishing the bow mounted ones are the best way to go with the foot controlls...

Hope this helped

FLATHEAD

Captain

The minn kota (terrova/power drive) removable bow mount system is not bad. When the motor is removed your left with a flat plate that is about 14 inches long and 8 inches wide sticks up only about a half inch. Nothing more than a thumb screw to install and remove the motor.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Howdy, coonhound.

Welcome to iboats. :)

I will put this in the Trollers Forum.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i use a motor guide wp45 wireless motor. totally remote controlled. when you remove it, all you have is the mounting plate, with a cover over it.