2006 30hp Honda hesitation

Howdy all. My outboard has a hesitation when accelerating. I don't have a tack, but when accelerating, it will hesitate at about the 3 mph range and then will be fine. It idles all day long with no prob, and all the different rpm ranges are great also. It has done it since day one. It's still under warrenty and I just lived with it this past summer, as I didn't have any time to bring it in. Just wondering what might cause this? I will bring it in this spring, but curious as to what might be happening. Thanks for any insight and your time. Junky.......

Re: 2006 30hp Honda hesitation

Being that the motor has done this since being taken out of the crate, I would assume that it is not dirty carbs. Thanks for your thoughts and time to respond though, Junky..........

eipeldau

Seaman Apprentice

Hi Junky,
My BF20D came from the crate with the starting enrichment circuit totally obstructed and the accelerator pump circuit clogged too. The latter wouldn't allow me to quickly accelerate out of idle without stalling and dying. This could be your problem too. In my case, I bought a brand new model 2004 engine, in 2007. The dirt stayed in there for 3 years, which probably made things worse. It seems to me the Japanese turned on the engine for testing it and forgot to drain the carburetor before packing it.
I suggest buying Honda's Carburetion Manual for assessing your problem. It's a great book and you can find it at helminc.com.

Good luck!

Henrique

Hey Henrique. Thanks for that link on the carb manual. Will have to order one just to have around for help. I will be bringing the motor in this spring and let the dealership deal with it, as it is still under warrenty. If it is dirty carbs, they probably won't cover it and say it was my fault. I should have brought it in last summer, but time didn't permit. I've run Seafoam in the gas since day one also. Thanks again, and take care. Junky............