I need some hits :)

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
No not drugs or punches :D I have a site up with a sample song for other musicians to hear so I can put together a collaberation project. Just a simple Hard rock song that was recorded with a few guys from all over North America. The newer stuff Im writing is alot more complicated with many changes through out it so I really need some musicians with some great writing skills themselves. The more hits I get on this site the farther up on the chart for my style I go and the farther up I go the more people see it and chances of getting some musicians jump on board grows.......Oh and constuctive critisism is always welcome......

www dot shoutlife.com/taurus

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: I need some hits :)

i like it very much. would really enjoy if i were 30 year younger. aren't you moving to gainesville?

"http://www.shoutlife.com/profile_view.cfm?uid=53199"

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Yep Im moving on Feb 1st......Everything is ready for us there.....now just gotta finish packing and drive down.....That part Im not looking forward to.

MikDee

Banned

I'm not really into that style music, more an oldies, & classic rock kinda guy, but it's Well Done in that style!

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

Maybe I'll be able to play like that some day :). Awesome sound in my opinion.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Thanx guys. I grew up in the 80s so that where my roots are but as a guitar teacher a play alot of blues and rock as well. That song in particular is a little basic and didnt have lot to it. the newer stuff is much better IMHO but Im having a hard time finding someone to program drums for it. When I arrive in Fl. I am meeting up with a drummer so maybe he may work out and I can get the rest of the stuff recorded :) WA just keep on playing and you will get better..........

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

when i was a kid, my music teacher told my mother, she was wasting her money, on my lessons. i agree.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Well there are very few people I have felt that way about because of lack of talent.......Lack of practice and passion yes. If it was something you were interested in TD and were willing to work at, well then it was your teachers fault that you didnt improve. Some people dont have the ability to play but their want and passion to do so gets them through. Some people have all the talent in the world but have no passion or they are lazy. Nothing thrills me more then to see someone strugle at first and through hard work and not giving up become a good guitar player. I have a few students like that and they are the ones Im most proud of.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

when i was a kid, my music teacher told my mother, she was wasting her money, on my lessons. i agree.

It's a shame that some teachers give up on their students as easy as they do TD. My father was just playing on a piano one time when a music teacher told him "you'll never be able to play with them short finders" :mad:. He never took the time to prove her wrong unfortunately. In my case I have tendinitis in my wrist that interrupts my ability to play or learning how to play, I try not to let it bother me but it certainly doesn't help me learn to play. I have some big ole hands don't know if that hurts in playing guitar or not.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

WA can you read Tabs? If so let me know and give me a pm with your email addy and I will send you some great excersises to help you.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I took a hit Mike. Good stuff!!

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Well dont bogart it and pass it on. :D WA I will send you some stuff tonight or tomarrow. :)

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

WWZ, the growth with technolgy in recording equipment has been awesome over the last 10 yrs. I can get a better recording in my basement with under a $1000 of gear then I could at a high priced studio even 5 yrs ago. I have a HD recorder that I recorded that song on and it and I barely knew what I was doing. The next recordings are allready better and they are just in the scratch track stage. Its also amazing that a few guys who have never met can record their parts at home and through email put it all together. I have had a few diffrent people in the Biz. show some intrest just because we all are so far away from each other.

The music biz. is changing due to technolgy as well. I think it was raidohead that bypassed the recording label this yr and sold 160,000 downloads online. They only asked for what people wanted to pay and averaged $6 per download. When a band is under a label it would take sales of over 300,000 CDs to make any money and any money made goes to the label until all the costs of recording and promoting are payed for first. Radiohead had there own studio so cost was very low. A new band might have a hard time with the honor system or donations but even if they only charged $4-$5 bucks to download their CD, They could actully make some money........

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

Its got some dream theater type things mixed with it but not as intricite

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Im a huge fan of both bands Drewmitch so thank you for the compliment. The newer stuff has quite a bit more in them. Im waiting on getting the drums programed and then it shouldnt be too long after that that I will be putting up some more demos.